so my friend just talked major shit about records

not even just collecting records, but LISTENING to them. he brought up the whole transportation issue, and about how some people spend all their money on records, and how he thinks it's just stupid. i tried to make my case about being "in touch" with my music, and all he does is bring it back to him smoking weed and listening to his music. i realized that you don't have to have records to be in touch with the music you listen to, but he's a supporter of the digital revolution. in fact, he doesn't give a shit about supporting the artists he listens to. it doesnt make sense to him that people go out of their way to buy records. he's super close-minded about this.

urgh, i felt so insulted!

Guest genericinsight

Some people just don't understand. It's nothing to get terribly upset over, unless you and your friend are legitimately in a fight over this.

in fact, he doesn't give a shit about supporting the artists he listens to. it doesnt make sense to him that people go out of their way to buy records. he's super close-minded about this.

sounds like an ignorant asshole. what would he be listening to while smoking weed if everyone just downloaded for free. maybe being stoned makes you enjoy the digital noise in mp3's more.

he was being a major fucking dick today. plus him and my other friend are always giving me shit for like everything i say. i never said anything before, but i'm pretty fed up with it, now. but whatever.... dipshit doesn't even know how to mail a letter.

...yes. he does not know what a return address is, or where to write the mail to address.

My "friends" in college were like this. I was the "weird" one of the group and always took shit for being different. I was the butt of all their jokes and they always cracked fun at my interests. After I graduated and got some real friends I realized my former friends were just a bunch of assholes and I didn't need to take peoples shit. You might want to look into some new friends from a different crowd if he is always giving you shit and not just in this one instant.

My friends all go to Uni in different cities, and in the 2 years since they went I'm yet to make anymore true friends. So live with shit friends. I have to miss Jon Karel drumming for HORSE the Band tonight because I don't know anyone who wants to go. To me that's like missing Jesus coming back

My best friend for the past 16 years still doesn't get the vinyl thing. I've been buying records as long as we've been friend. We listen to mostly the same music and go to shows together, etc. Still when he comes to visit or I talk to him and tell him about a record I grabbed he simply responds with "Gay." I could care less what he thinks. He's my buddy. You can't take friends too seriously.

in fact, he doesn't give a shit about supporting the artists he listens to. it doesnt make sense to him that people go out of their way to buy records. he's super close-minded about this.

sounds like an ignorant asshole. what would he be listening to while smoking weed if everyone just downloaded for free. maybe being stoned makes you enjoy the digital noise in mp3's more.

naaaaaa, speaking from experience, its much more fun to watch things spin around.

So what does your friend spend his money since he thinks spending money on records is stupid? I always try to live with the idea that who am I to say what someone else enjoys is stupid or what someone else spends their money on is not worth it.

If and when my friends give me shit, I just play it off and laugh along. If it gets to be annoying and hurtful on purpose, then maybe its time to move on and say fuck you! People need to learn to use an open mind, and not to shut everything out that they don't instantly get.

Blame The Parents!

he spends a lot of his money on weed, but he's been trying to stop lately. he also just bought a 360, so he kinda forced himself into limited weed money for this month.

he's my friend but i really don't think it would be a lasting friendship. the only reason why we are friends is because we can joke about the same things, and no one else (that we've met) is like that. aside from that he's far more racist and homophobic than i would want a friend to be. he knows he's an asshole. he'd be the first one to admit it (and he has).

My friends all go to Uni in different cities, and in the 2 years since they went I'm yet to make anymore true friends. So live with shit friends. I have to miss Jon Karel drumming for HORSE the Band tonight because I don't know anyone who wants to go. To me that's like missing Jesus coming back

bleep bleep bleep bloop bloop bloop

white belt. swoopy haircut. overinflated egos.

there, now you didn't miss anything!

bleep bleep bleep bloop bloop bloop

white belt. swoopy haircut. overinflated egos.

there, now you didn't miss anything!

Yeah but Jon Karel, Jon Fucking Karel. The Number 12 are one of my favourite bands, and HtB always put on a fucking epic live show.