PO: Inventions - Maze of Woods (Explosions In the Sky, Eluvium)

gmoney

I've listened to this and the remix EP a few times this weekend.  The more prominent beats threw me off a bit at first, but I found it rather good.  As much as I enjoyed the last album, I think this one is better.

Got mine last week and listened to it yesterday and must say I completely agree. Had the same reaction, especially that opening track caught me by surprise. Am also aurprised to hear that my package pretty much arrived at the same time all you state-side were getting them. TRR do some great service, really handle things well. Definitely one my favourite labels.

I know it kinda sucks for people that bought the bundle, but man am I glad they posted leftover copies of the remix ep on Temp Res.  So happy to score it since I missed out on the bundle because I actively collect A Winged Victory For the Sullen and The Field stuff.

I don't see how that sucks at all. More people get a chance to have a great remix LP on some awesome looking wax, what's there not to like? I don't feel cheated out of anything because I happened to be among the first 300.

Good to hear you got a chance to get it after you thought it had sold out.

Here's a photo I took yesterday

11032829_425308784298023_1858647943_n.jp

I don't see how that sucks at all. More people get a chance to have a great remix LP on some awesome looking wax, what's there not to like? I don't feel cheated out of anything because I happened to be among the first 300.

Good to hear you got a chance to get it after you thought it had sold out.

Yeah, I have no issue with extra copies going individually.  I got in early enough to get the bundle, but if I didn't, I'd be pretty stoked to get a second chance on the remixes.

• 4 months later...

This is one of my favorite albums this year - and it appears they have another release coming before the end of 2015. Still waiting on more info, but it's coming out in October.

yeah, it's a really solid album.  I spun it again last night.  I think it's much better than their first release.  Pretty cool they already have a new one on the way.