Skate and Surf Fest - May 16/17 - Reunions Galore!

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

When Posion the Well plays anything off of Opposite of December will someone here mosh for me? Like just ignorant "punch the person next to you for no reason" mosh.

Isn't that why I'm going?  lmao.  My girlfriend made me promise to keep all of my teef.

On a related note, I can't wait to see the reaction bands like American Nightmare, FATA, and PTW get from the kids there to watch bands like Attila and Motionless in White.  Should make for an interesting weekend.

I love these punk and hardcore reunion shows.  the fans are mentally still back in 2003, but physically their bods can't hang.

I saw Fairweather a couple years back and everyone "moshed" for the first song, and then looked really winded and sweaty near the bar pounding beers for the rest of the show.

Skate and Surf should be a blast!

Really glad the set times worked out alright - I can see American Nightmare, Thrice, Real Friends, Nora, Poison the Well, From Autumn to Ashes, and Pianos Become the Teeth without issue.

Now the bigger decision at hand is whether or not to trek into Brooklyn on Friday night to see PTW's warm-up show...

Oh yeah, another issue that many of you can possibly relate to - I haven't seen most of these bands in years - how the hell am I going to manage to hold all the merch my drunken ass is bound to buy?

And does anyone know any good pre-grame spots in Asbury?

Really glad the set times worked out alright - I can see American Nightmare, Thrice, Real Friends, Nora, Poison the Well, From Autumn to Ashes, and Pianos Become the Teeth without issue.

Now the bigger decision at hand is whether or not to trek into Brooklyn on Friday night to see PTW's warm-up show...

Oh yeah, another issue that many of you can possibly relate to - I haven't seen most of these bands in years - how the hell am I going to manage to hold all the merch my drunken ass is bound to buy?

I'd recommend The Wonder Bar which is right next to where the festival is taking place - the drink prices are reasonable and it's a decent atmosphere. Langosta Lounge is another option. It's right on the boardwalk which is nice, but it's definitely pricier.

Or you can always go to Porta and get your House Music on :) jk but not really, Porta is amazing, but pricey. You guys are so lucky to be going, I wish I didn't get get this new job in FL, I'd so be there w/my buddies this weekend. Envious of all of you who are going :( 

I'd recommend The Wonder Bar which is right next to where the festival is taking place - the drink prices are reasonable and it's a decent atmosphere. Langosta Lounge is another option. It's right on the boardwalk which is nice, but it's definitely pricier.

Thanks for the tips.  I think I'll give The Wonder Bar a whirl.

Was it crowded? My buddy went over yesterday and watched from outside. He said it didn't seem like many people were there.

I thought Sunday was way more crowded than Saturday.  But all in all I've gotta say I expected a larger turnout.  I'm sure it was more crowded than the last time I went to Skate and Surf (over a decade ago) but it didn't seem that way with the open layout outdoors.  I'd be very curious to see ticket sales for this.