New Brandon Flowers - The Desired Effect

I feel like the "80's-ness" of this release is hyper exaggerated to the point of silliness. I can't say it bugs me, though, I just think it's worth pointing out.

I couldn't expect much different from him at this point. But yeah absolutely, even the cover reminds me ALOT of The River by the good ol' Boss, even the font.

And I wish he would stop releasing so many singles, I have no will power! 

That sample is awesome, and the original is a great song.

I thought I heard the first four piano chords of "Shattered Dreams" just after the 3:00 mark, too.

Either way, definitely looking forward to this album.

You're right about Shattered Dreams. It even sounds like it's in the same key. Nice catch!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man...needed a couple of listens on this like with all the singles, but now it clicked. This thing is fucking awesome...in retrospective just what i wanted from him! I wish him major success with this even though we all know this is never going to happen...Waiting for the vinyl so hard man

• 4 weeks later...

If you can wait an extra month again, Barnes & Noble has an exclusive yellow vinyl pressing out 7/24. 

Also, even though it told me free shipping had to be over $25, it gave me free shipping anyway. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/desired-effect/28855414?ean=602547416049

If you can wait an extra month again, Barnes & Noble has an exclusive yellow vinyl pressing out 7/24. 

Also, even though it told me free shipping had to be over $25, it gave me free shipping anyway. 

Just grabbed this, also I haven't seen anyone talking about the album in full, probably my second favorite album of the year so far.

Got my european black vinyl today, sounds great! The yellow one will sound great as well for sure. A download card would have been great though. But its top 3 of my favourite records this year as well...just awesome.

I preordered the Deluxe CD bundle from the US webstore... I think it came with a download link I'm not going to use. I'm not sure if it would work for you, but it's yours if you want it.  

how did you get free shipping? 

• 1 month later...