Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

I tried that with B&N When Capitol OK Computer showed up.  Not even a response from their customer service.  

I saw somewhere, it may have been on another forum, that someone ordered OK Computer from Amazon US and it actually was Parolophone.  It was a fairly recent post wherever it was.  

I'm about to potentially purchase a version of Kid A on discogs that I don't know much about

The guy said:

"The copy I have for sale is NOT the US Capitol pressing, nor a UK Capitol pressing. However, it's also not an original UK pressing. It seems to be the European version of the record (and was listed as such), HOWEVER: on the back of the sleeve there is a small sticker proclaiming "Made in the UK." So it was indeed pressed in the UK, says Parlophone (as well as EMI, prominently) on the labels, and is a wonderful pressing. "

Any ideas?

I'm about to potentially purchase a version of Kid A on discogs that I don't know much about

The guy said:

"The copy I have for sale is NOT the US Capitol pressing, nor a UK Capitol pressing. However, it's also not an original UK pressing. It seems to be the European version of the record (and was listed as such), HOWEVER: on the back of the sleeve there is a small sticker proclaiming "Made in the UK." So it was indeed pressed in the UK, says Parlophone (as well as EMI, prominently) on the labels, and is a wonderful pressing. "

Any ideas?

Ask if the weird words are in the deadwax.

Just order it.  Amazon has an easy return policy.  Sometimes they don't even want the record back.

Next month.  When I actually have some $$$ to spend.   Go Hastings + Courtney Barnett just destroyed my wallet.  Though I do think whatever version of the Bends show up for the guy who just ordered from Amazon will be indicative of what can be expected.

If you look at the Best Buy thread going now there's lots of Radiohead on there.  It has Amnesiac listed as "Parolophone" but I don't even know what release it would be if it was actually Parolophone.  Thinking buying anyway since I have a $5 off and I don't own this album on vinyl or CD (even though I could have sworn I did!). Is the Capitol release of this one as bad as others?

If you look at the Best Buy thread going now there's lots of Radiohead on there.  It has Amnesiac listed as "Parolophone" but I don't even know what release it would be if it was actually Parolophone.  Thinking buying anyway since I have a $5 off and I don't own this album on vinyl or CD (even though I could have sworn I did!). Is the Capitol release of this one as bad as others?

the capitol amensiac was as bad as the others, still not great.  I just found the cap pressings to have some weird noises pressed into it.. ps.  AMNESIAC is one of the best sounding modern albums, period... imo.

they absolutely caressed it in the mix/master stages, very little compression used... just so alive!

My Amazon "The Bends" showed up ... Capitol release ... :(

http://www.discogs.com/Radiohead-The-Bends/release/1594061

5 minor divets as well, pretty sure it would play fine. However, I have asked Amazon for return options.

Not keeping this for a discount though, nor am I interested in taking another shot from Amazon on this title.

Would love to hear member feedback on Amazon's Parlaphone claims on Amnesiac and Kid-A ... i.e really Capitol or Parlaphone as item description states.

Going to hit up B&N on the way home .. claims this is in stock. Won't trust outer packaging, but if it too is Capitol so be it ... not going to hold out for Parlaphone Bends (differences sound negligible enough)

Amazon is pretty good about making things right.  I ordered a record a couple weeks ago and the sound was terrible. So they sent me a replacement, I didn't have to send the old one back.  However, when the replacement was slightly warped (due to the manufacturer's packing, not Amazon's).  They gave me a free extra month of Prime since mine is about to expire.