Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

I feel like it's been totally lost again that just because it's a parlophone disc doesn't mean it's the superior version. There have been multiple plates used for Parlophone pressings and the only original one still being used is OKC. Ah well. I'm not fucking with any of these until they're XL all the way through.

5 hours ago, Shlebs said:

I feel like it's been totally lost again that just because it's a parlophone disc doesn't mean it's the superior version. There have been multiple plates used for Parlophone pressings and the only original one still being used is OKC. Ah well. I'm not fucking with any of these until they're XL all the way through.

The other exception to OKC being Amnesiac as copies of that with a new matrix runout starting showing up mid-last year.

Either way, I'm holding off til XL has their pressings done.

• 2 months later...

This is from first-hand experience purchasing the following "new" XL pressings: The Bends, OK Computer, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief are all Parlophone pressings and sound great.  Didn't buy any of the others, but I have read multiple times (including in this thread) that Kid A is a Capitol pressing and is not up to par with the earlier pressings.

2 hours ago, hiimbored said:

This is from first-hand experience purchasing the following "new" XL pressings: The Bends, OK Computer, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief are all Parlophone pressings and sound great.  Didn't buy any of the others, but I have read multiple times (including in this thread) that Kid A is a Capitol pressing and is not up to par with the earlier pressings.

So it looks they fixed the bullshit thats been plaguing okc for years and I am kind of excited to purchase it now.  But I am not too worried about Kid A as I own the original capitol but I think it sounds absolutely terrific

11 hours ago, idioteque... said:

So it looks they fixed the bullshit thats been plaguing okc for years and I am kind of excited to purchase it now.  But I am not too worried about Kid A as I own the original capitol but I think it sounds absolutely terrific

No, OK Computer is literally the only album still using the original plates and has always been great sounding. All Capitol pressings suck but all Parlophone pressings aren't automatically the best because they say Parlophone. The best pressing of Kid A and Amnesiac has been gone for a long time and any new copy of Amnesiac despite it saying Parlophone is not the same as the original and doesn't sound as good. It's been repeated over and over in this thread but other than OK and HTTT you should just wait until XL presses these to see if they get it right.

On 7/30/2016 at 2:20 PM, idioteque... said:

Since there hasn't been update since May, according to discogs apparently the newer printings are containing the parlophone discs and the audio quality sounds great but is there any truth or I mean what's the first hand experience?  I think these new prints started coming late June?

This was an error with the initial run of Capitol and XL represses.  The odds of actually getting the Parlophone pressing in Capitol (or XL) sleeves nowadays is rather slim, especially with HTTT and Amnesiac.

I have a Parlo pressing of HTTT that was housed in Capitol sleeves (from about 2 years ago) and can vouch it sounds incredible.

Edited by antisyntax