Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

not maybe that actually happened. I'd say Barnes and noble having records for a few years is far more probable than capitol reissuing albums that aren't in their catalog.

What seems most probable to me is Capitol somehow keeping the Parlophone Radiohead stock before Parlophone was passed over.

These hybrid records never existed before recently, Barnes an Noble could also be one of many. If what I said was true they could be anywhere and no one would know because most consumers don't look at dead wax haha.

What seems most probable to me is Capitol somehow keeping the Parlophone Radiohead stock before Parlophone was passed over.

These hybrid records never existed before recently, Barnes an Noble could also be one of many. If what I said was true they could be anywhere and no one would know because most consumers don't look at dead wax haha.

this I could see. I just don't see it possible that capitol repressed anything in the past couple years. Atlantic/WB is now the us distributor for parlophone titles instead of capitol

https://twitter.com/wynams/status/581903732780064769?s=15

Pics aren't great but hopefully you can make out Parlophone on the vinyl and Capitol on the jackets.

Not pictured are capitol on capitols of httt/kid a

Edit: good break, Kid A is missing a record! Refund pls

Edit 2: not missing after all, wife had it on second table downstairs

I've got a couple of questions about the packaging - in hopes of finding a identifying feature of the Parlophone discs (from the outside of a sealed copy that is)...

1) Did either of the OKC or Amnesiac that had the Parlophone discs have the Capitol "Limited" hype sticker, as seen here: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/mcnail/144722capitolvaults.jpg

2) Can you take clearer images of the barcodes of each and the area around them (the twitter pic already provided has the true identifying parts cut off)?

That's all I can think of... thx!

not maybe that actually happened. I'd say Barnes and noble having records for a few years is far more probable than capitol reissuing albums that aren't in their catalog.

Alright yeah this makes sense. Coldplays newest album is only available on Parlophone. Maybe after a year or so, when all the Capitol versions are bought, only Parlophone releases of the Radiohead albums will be available to purchase.

I've got a couple of questions about the packaging - in hopes of finding a identifying feature of the Parlophone discs (from the outside of a sealed copy that is)...

1) Did either of the OKC or Amnesiac that had the Parlophone discs have the Capitol "Limited" hype sticker, as seen here: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/mcnail/144722capitolvaults.jpg

2) Can you take clearer images of the barcodes of each and the area around them (the twitter pic already provided has the true identifying parts cut off)?

My Ok Copmuter that had Capitol Sleeve and Parlophone discs did not have that sticker. I don't recall it having any hype sticker.

1) Did either of the OKC or Amnesiac that had the Parlophone discs have the Capitol "Limited" hype sticker, as seen here: http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/mcnail/144722capitolvaults.jpg

Good question. Neither of these had that label.

Cleaner pic: https://twitter.com/wynams/status/582324533975105537?s=09

Listened to Kid A Capitol, it sounds fine to me. I am not going to bother tracking down a Parlo release.

As I said earlier in this thread, my Capitol HTTT (and many discogers agree) is very high on surface noise. Never heard Parlophone release of this, but that's my next goal for httt.

My Amazon Capitol The Bends is similar to my take on Kid A. No major issues, sounds good enough.

OKC & Amnesiac (both Parlophones) sound fantastic. Very clean!

Good question. Neither of these had that label.

Cleaner pic: https://twitter.com/wynams/status/582324533975105537?s=09

Awesome. Thank you. This may be the key then. Find a Capitol jacket without the LTD ED. hype sticker.

I wonder if this would hold true for the other albums. For all we know, only OCK and Amnesiac are available like this.

I know what I'll be on the lookout for!

So here's the gamble:

I've got Capitol/Capitol versions of both OKC and Amnesiac already. 

If I buy these in an attempt to score some Parlophone discs and come out with Capitol/Capitol versions again, I'll be out ~$50.

Do I buy these at $25/each and resell for say $20/each if they end up being exact doubles of what I already own?

It might just be worth a ~$5 gamble on these to see... i think so...

So here's the gamble:

I've got Capitol/Capitol versions of both OKC and Amnesiac already.

If I buy these in an attempt to score some Parlophone discs and come out with Capitol/Capitol versions again, I'll be out ~$50.

Do I buy these at $25/each and resell for say $20/each if they end up being exact doubles of what I already own?

It might just be worth a ~$5 gamble on these to see... i think so...

Buy them from Amazon. They are pretty lenient on returns. You can just tell them you bought it because of what the listing says.

Buy them from Amazon. They are pretty lenient on returns. You can just tell them you bought it because of what the listing says.

Has anyone gotten the Capitol/Parlo release from Amazon? If no, then I'm not looking to just buy blindly. 

There's a reason I was asking about hype stickers and barcodes.

I don't think not having a sticker should be the basis here. I bought Kid A from Amazon in January I believe and was a Capitol pressing inside despite the lack of sticker on the front. 

Obviously that's still just a theory - and until we've been given proof that Kid A even has a Capitol/Parlo mismatch, we'll never know if that's even a possible outcome.

For all we know it's only OKC and Amnesiac (don't know why that would be the case, but it's all we have evidence for atm)

Listened to Kid A Capitol, it sounds fine to me. I am not going to bother tracking down a Parlo release.

As I said earlier in this thread, my Capitol HTTT (and many discogers agree) is very high on surface noise. Never heard Parlophone release of this, but that's my next goal for httt.

My Amazon Capitol The Bends is similar to my take on Kid A. No major issues, sounds good enough.

OKC & Amnesiac (both Parlophones) sound fantastic. Very clean!

Sorry to ask you more questions, but could you please post exactly what's on your copies of OK and Amnesiac in the dead wax? Or post pics of it? I know you said they were the same but I just wanna know exact details so there are no mix ups.