PO: The Juliana Hatfield Three - Whatever, My Love

From American Laundromat Records:

JULIANA HATFIELD THREE ON VINYL!!!

Whatever, My Love is coming out on vinyl. This will be an extremely small one-time pressing in your choice of Clear or Marbled Purple vinyl. Includes digital download card + bonus track. This one will likely sell-out in pre-orders so please get yours asap at http://www.alr-music.com/julianahatfield3/

$18.

I don't see anything on numbers pressed, and I haven't heard the album yet, but there isn't enough Juliana Hatfield on vinyl so I'll be ordering one.

Ouch August ship date... these preorders 5-6 months out are a little ridiculous. But I'll still get this one eventually.

Yeah, the Wes Anderson tribute album was the same way, not sure if it's just how ALR runs or if the backlog at pressing plants are really that bad, it doesn't seem like other labels are usually that far off. though maybe the orders have already been placed before the PO goes up in most cases.

I can't bite... it's just too much.

if I didn't have access to a PO box across the border I would probably never buy records. between the low dollar, shipping TO Canada being high and shipping WITHIN canada + inflated prices being even higher, we're getting screwed in every direction. after exchange it was about $31 CAD getting it shipped to Washington. I'm getting real tired of this, especially with so many new releases dropping the last few weeks.

if I didn't have access to a PO box across the border I would probably never buy records. between the low dollar, shipping TO Canada being high and shipping WITHIN canada + inflated prices being even higher, we're getting screwed in every direction. after exchange it was about $31 CAD getting it shipped to Washington. I'm getting real tired of this, especially with so many new releases dropping the last few weeks.

All i can do is hope she makes it to Ontario in the Fall, and maybe has some of these left over..... 

• 7 months later...

It's been a long wait, but it sounds like these are set to ship out next week.  They are sold out on the website, but there was a note from the record label that there are always some leftovers, so if you're still interested, you should shoot them an e-mail to be placed on the wait list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm bumping this because I heard a song from the album on local college radio and loved it. Grabbed the LP last week and it's great. I gotta go backwards now since I wasn't familiar with her music.

The only place I could find a copy was through Turntable Lab (ehh), but they have both variants in stock (clear /125 and purple marble /375). A bit pricey, but it's a great album and the next pressing isn't due until August (black /500) so hop on it.

http://www.turntablelab.com/products/the-juliana-hatfield-three-whatever-my-love-colored-vinyl-vinyl-lp