Boys Go To Jupiter, To Get More Stupider.

Assuming college is the same as our uni:

It's different for everyone all depenending on what industry/job you want to do. Could a doctor not go to college and still succeed? Nope.

I'm an electrical designer and I got an apprenticeship at 16 and just learned on the job. People coming out of 'college' now are starting with no additional knowledge than me, on a lower wage and £10,000+ debts to start paying off.

Every situation is different, just depends what you want to do.

ROASTED

not really, especially when I bet there are more who are still paying on their loans/without a job in their field. What do I know, obviously im just a dumb male...its what this thread is about right?!

I'm 4 years out of college, no loans left, no debt besides a few thousand left on my car and am working in my field in a well-paid position.

great, you beat the system.

not really, especially when I bet there are more who are still paying on their loans/without a job in their field. What do I know, obviously im just a dumb male...its what this thread is about right?!

The idea is not to throw everyone who decided to go to college under the bus.

& don't start with that

The idea is not to throw everyone who decided to go to college under the bus.

& don't start with that

I didnt say, everyone who went to college sucks, i just made a statement with my point of view...which I am allowed to have right?! I have no beef with anyone, i like all you humans, seems though people get testy when people voice opinions.

This thread was very obviously a joke aimed at another thread that was very offensive and dehumanizing.

So please, do not pull that.

im aware...97 % of what I say is bullshit, because I can say it, and the other 3 % is because Im an asshole...but I do 100 % appreciate you fine folks.

I believe that was my point...next time ill try to remember to use less words.

your point was that college was so expensive that it was a waste of money. my point was that while it's expensive, it's almost become a necessary evil if you want a decent paying job at any point in your life. i realize that there are exceptions to this, they just seem to be few and far between.

your point was that college was so expensive that it was a waste of money. my point was that while it's expensive, it's almost become a necessary evil if you want a decent paying job at any point in your life. i realize that there are exceptions to this, they just seem to be few and far between.

my point was its expensive and there are a good amount of people that spend all that money to do nothing with what they are spending the money on. and I believe you do not need to have a degree to have a decent paying job/to be successful. Maybe because I did it by busting my ass, I have the thought process wrong. But obviously there are jobs that require extra education.

my point was its expensive and there are a good amount of people that spend all that money to do nothing with what they are spending the money on. and I believe you do not need to have a degree to have a decent paying job/to be successful. Maybe because I did it by busting my ass, I have the thought process wrong. But obviously there are jobs that require extra education.

It seems like most of my friends beat the system then. None of us have wealthy parents either.

I do agree that it is a nessicary evil. I don’t want to assume anything but you seem to be implying that people who went to college do not bust ass. I think it’s awesome that you are successful and didn’t need a degree to get where you are. I wish that was more common. You think I’m the exception, not the rule… I think the same about you.

my point was its expensive and there are a good amount of people that spend all that money to do nothing with what they are spending the money on. and I believe you do not need to have a degree to have a decent paying job/to be successful. Maybe because I did it by busting my ass, I have the thought process wrong. But obviously there are jobs that require extra education.

There are stupid people in college and stupid people not in college. Your point is as moot as they come man. Plenty of people have busted their ass without college and ended up with nothing to show for it. It doesn't make you better either way.

It seems like most of my friends beat the system then. None of us have wealthy parents either.

I do agree that is a nessecary evil. I don’t want to assume anything but you seem to be applying that people who went to college do not bust ass. I think it’s awesome that you are successful and didn’t need a degree to get where you are. I wish that was more common. You think I’m the exception, not the rule… I think the same about you.

nope nope, dont put "that people who went to college do not bust ass" in my words. Did not say that, just pointing out that college is not the only way to be successful. That being said, I am most likely working my ass off to put my girls through college. Thats what im about, being successful to provide for my family, and if my girls want to go to college, then they are going to college.