Thinking of opening a new vinyl/used music shop in southern MO, where to start?

My wife and I are looking into moving to the Bolivar / Springfield, MO area and I would love support one of my greatest passions that's givin me so much in music and open my own shop, just don't know best way to go about starting it (aside from the obvious getting a shop) more along the lines of getting hooked up with vendors, what others experiences have been, any good info would be awesome, reply here or Pm thanks a million! -Jake

If it is true a store is closing and you want to open one then you need to contact them and find out what they are doing with their shit. Often when a store closes they will sell off all their shelving, display fixtures, cash registers, etc, could be a good opportunity to get all the things you need to have a brick and mortar store.

You need a point of sale system and other ways of managing your inventory, knowing what you have, what has sold, what you need to order more of when it sells out, this is all critically important. 

You need distributor accounts where you can purchase stock for your store. This is as easy as contacting them and proving you are a real business.