Shoegaze Reissues (Saint Marie) - Secret Shine & Difference Engine (PledgeMusic)

Secret Shine - Untouched is finally getting reissued! Also, Difference Engine (not familiar with this one) but both are being offered on Colored Vinyl and Black. I believe the colored editions are ONLY available through the pledge music. After the campaign the black copies are readily available! 

Managed to grab a test pressing for SS! (difference engine test pressing 1 left $50)

If you are unaware Untouched is a CLASSIC shoegaze album! One of the best original shoegaze bands IMO!

Check it out! http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/shoegazereissuespart2

I was actually the one to recommend this album back when SM asked for suggestions (and several people agreed with me, so they took the advice, fucking awesome!) SM is a really solid shoegaze label as most of you know!

So much on the fence  -- as for my ears the EP is the 5.0 record, and Untouched is solid 4.0. The price for a limited color (? is it about 50) and a TP ppd is so reasonable it's hard to say no. Means I'll have to sell something. Plus a couple of euro releases are calling my name, so while the euro is down, I need to move on them. And sell some more. Oy :/  
#thehobby

So much on the fence  -- as for my ears the EP is the 5.0 record, and Untouched is solid 4.0. The price for a limited color (? is it about 50) and a TP ppd is so reasonable it's hard to say no. Means I'll have to sell something. Plus a couple of euro releases are calling my name, so while the euro is down, I need to move on them. And sell some more. Oy :/  

#thehobby

What do you mean by 5.0 and 4.0?

#thehobby

really man you think untouched isn't that good of an album? To each their own, but I think that album is a classic up there with MBV, Slowdive, Ect.... but hey thats just me...It was a classic Sarah Records release that veered away from their typical twee-pop sound...

Just think its a vital piece of shoegaze history....but yea if your not that into it $30 for a colored copy (or really $25 and $5 of it being shipping) is little high....then just waiting until after the pledge thing is done and grabbing a black copy for like $22 shipped from their store...

Are those prices in Yen? wtf?

What do you mean by 5.0 and 4.0?

really man you think untouched isn't that good of an album? To each their own, but I think that album is a classic up there with MBV, Slowdive, Ect.... but hey thats just me...It was a classic Sarah Records release that veered away from their typical twee-pop sound...

Just think its a vital piece of shoegaze history....but yea if your not that into it $30 for a colored copy (or really $25 and $5 of it being shipping) is little high....then just waiting until after the pledge thing is done and grabbing a black copy for like $22 shipped from their store...

Apologies for the confusion/ not clarifying, I think in terms of Sputnik, discogs, or any 5 point rating scale:

5.0 - Classic

4.5 - (Superb)

4.0 - Excellent

3.5 -(Great)

3.0 - Good - although I  would call this 'average'

etc.

So, calling an allbum "Excellent" or 4.0 *to me* is not dissing it at all, Steve   :( There are three tracks on Untouched that qualify as "classic" but not the album as a whole. Sorry? 

The EP has all the elements that would rank it up there with the classics.  Those are my ears/MOO, Same level of discussion as favorite flavor ice cream, beer, etc.

Sasan, go away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea I never doubted this wouldn't get funded! Super happy with a Secret Shine Test pressing....(and colored edition) 

DRDS

PS still love Secret Shine's 10" EP -- just a matter of waiting for one to show up.

​Didn't know of a 10", I have their 3 7"s they put out back in the day (also have 2 never 7s) but a 10" sounds tasty! 10" are my favorite...heres to both of us finding one!!! :)

^^^ Oh yea the Greater than God EP...on Sarah Records...yea Sarah Records has such a huge cult following its so damn hard to find the rarer stuff on that label. I went through a phase where I sought all the Sarah releases...I gave up after I collected about 15 - 7"s, 10 LPs & Compilations, and 3 10"s, its was getting TOO EXPENSIVE!~ Maybe one day I will continue it...

Anyone have any Sarah Recs they are looking to part with? lol

• 3 months later...

I just noticed that Saint Marie has both of these up for pre-order now on their website, and for less than we paid through pledgemusic.  Is that a normal practice?

That's not very nice, without giving some more benefits/trinkets to the backers. (The TP option was pretty cheap though vs typical TP prices)

And now have published the pressing numbers as well with the more limited as Black - I like when that happens, but wish we had known beforehand as well. 

I'm guessing they want to move them and sense a slow market, but if this is the way they are going to fund things in the future, and original backers get this knowledge, why be a fool with the $ the next go around?

I haven't looked at shipping price factor yet so I may be piling on too soon.

Pledge

Black: $25 and $40 if you bought both.

Coloured: $30 and $50 if you bought both.

Signed: $45 each

Test: $50 (including the same record on the respective colour)

Saint Marie website

Both black: $38.98

One black: $20.49

Both coloured: $40.98

One coloured: $21.49

(there's a white Difference Engine that wasn't on the Pledgemusic listing).

I'm assuming shipping gets even cheaper per record if you buy more than two.