PO: High on Fire - Luminiferous

That's not necessarily the best inference to make on this. Before the VS. and Vitalogy reissue LP's came out or shortly after, amazon was selling them for $8.99 for at least a few hours. And those were retail overpriced 90's classics on a major label.

This album is shaping up to be pretty good. If you're thinking you might dig it, grab it. $9 is astounding for any brand new 2XLP.

Haha! Yeah, you know. I just looked at your avatar and it sunk in. I was like "If this dude is rep'ing Jane Doe, there's no reason for him to not totally dig High On Fire..."

Good times.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

So the amazon listing now says currently unavailable and there is no price information whatsoever. I sincerely hope they honor our current orders. If they can afford drone delivery, they can afford to honor this fuck up.

that's what happened with the Yes 3LP record they goofed on the price on and ended up shipping orders.  Hopefully they follow suit here.  

They screwed a lot of people over on the very first press of Glassjaw's Worship & Tribute LP though. Granted that was produced in much smaller numbers than the Yes LP and probably this LP so we may still luck out. And the GJ debacle was back in 2011. I think the Yes is more recent so they might be better about these things but I think that issues was more that there weren't enough for amazon to even acquire stock of it where this is merely them screwing themselves on a price that might have been below wholesale even.

They screwed a lot of people over on the very first press of Glassjaw's Worship & Tribute LP though. Granted that was produced in much smaller numbers than the Yes LP and probably this LP so we may still luck out. And the GJ debacle was back in 2011. I think the Yes is more recent so they might be better about these things but I think that issues was more that there weren't enough for amazon to even acquire stock of it where this is merely them screwing themselves on a price that might have been below wholesale even.

2011 was the shitty sleeve that ruined records. The Amazon price cock-up was last year.

2011 was the shitty sleeve that ruined records. The Amazon price cock-up was last year.

That is true of the 2011 version but what is also true of that is that amazon fulfilled almost 0 orders for that version because they got practically none and everyone who ordered got a dear john letter. Luckily I picked up a copy at RSD 2011. Unluckily, the sleeve corroded the A side after a few years.

That is true of the 2011 version but what is also true of that is that amazon fulfilled almost 0 orders for that version because they got practically none and everyone who ordered got a dear john letter. Luckily I picked up a copy at RSD 2011. Unluckily, the sleeve corroded the A side after a few years.

Only knew about the sleeve in 2011. That meakes it even the more impressive that they did it again with the MoV version. Haven't re-read the thread, but I think they sold it at something like $4.99 at one point.

I think this one will end up being the black edition even though that's not what's pictured.

I ended up with a $5 MOV one from Amazon. I think most people on VC who only ordered one copy got theirs fulfilled didn't they?

We don't even know if there is a black edition. I've never seen eOne press multiple variants, except for the last HoF album, where relapse got two exclusive colors.

Yes, we do. Plus there are confirmed multiple variants of this LP.

Here: http://www.cmdistro.de/Search?q=Luminiferous

Individual links for each variant were posted earlier in this thread.

Indiemerch is "out of stock" on this. I'm wondering if there was manufacturing problems.....

EDIT: Looks like Indiemerch started shipping. Please fulfill the order amazon. plz

EDIT 2: Soundstage direct only has 8 copies left and says it's discontinued. WTF. I suppose I'll keep my amazon preorder, but I do hope it eventually ships.