Foals - PO Now - What Went Down (8.28.15)

Nice! Share a pic if you're capable.

Feeling like my Polaroid will be of a paperclip or wall or something.

Also - is the box the same dimensions as the Holy Fire one?

Yeah it's the exact same size which is nice. It does have an irritating bit of paper around it though, which is frustratingly tight. thatswhatshesaid

Please do!

Im really amazed this didn't leak before its release, crazy for that to happen these days 

But it did. Well, technically. Official release is on the 28th; the "leak" was comfirmed this morning. :mellow:

So yeah, you're right, it's amazing that they kept it under tight wraps for the duration.

On a side note: I'm not a tape guy, but I would've loved to find one of those scattered tapes. Awesome medium for a treasure hunt.

But I can't really complain, just gotta pray to the shipping God that my box won't get stuck at customs.

Yeah it's the exact same size which is nice. It does have an irritating bit of paper around it though, which is frustratingly tight. thatswhatshesaid

Did you have any splits on your sleeves? Was fairly common with the Holy Fire box with how much room the records had to move around during shipment. Dents on the box corners, too.

So yeah, you're right, it's amazing that they kept it under tight wraps for the duration.

I had been waiting to see a post about a leak both here and a few other places. When I randomly searched Google last night I found it - it leaked on Monday apparently. Another link I saw had a date & comments posted from August 3rd, so I'm not sure if it actually leaked way earlier than I initially thought.

Did you have any splits on your sleeves? Was fairly common with the Holy Fire box with how much room the records had to move around during shipment. Dents on the box corners, too.

No, both this and the Holy Fire box are as mint as it gets, but they were well packaged and I'm less than an hour away from where they were dispatched from, so there wasn't a whole lot of time for them to get knocked around.

vEOVz8a.jpg?2

So my box arrived in immaculate condition a couple hours ago.

Surprised by how solid and quite heavy the vinyl itself is. Couldn't get it to wobble at all. (I'm probably the only person who does that to check if 180gr really feels like 180gr?) Had some static pops and crackles on the outer edge but I've only used a carbon brush so far. Anyhow, I'm totally happy about the sound quality.

Beautiful box set...it's their best album so far in my opinion, wasn't so into holy fire but this one really blows it away!

I have to admit that Holy Fire is far from being my favorite from them too, but I can't really say that it's bad in any way either. Providence anyone? It feels like Holy Fire was the first step towards what they've accomplished with What Went Down. Raw, somewhat aggressive but still true to their roots.

They've really come a long way since Antidotes.

Man, the whole thing is just beautiful.

It's been available since Monday, 8/24

I checked multiple times on hasitleaked and even though it seems that the community is basically a mob of lurkers I'd say that for big releases like this one the chances are higher that people actually check on these so called "leaks" around the web. I did find quite a few links pre-dating the official leak, but most of them lead to survey download websites.

So they were basically crap.

• 2 weeks later...