Quitting Smoking Thread.

I've fucked up the past few weeks and have been bumming one or two after almost a year without one, but I bought a pack today. Fuck! Satan, we need help!! My rationalization is that the cost and shitty feeling from the pack I bought won't make me buy another. Satan, the only thing that takes the edge off for me is the lozenges. Are you still doing the patch?

Yep. I just finished 2 weeks on the patch and have 1 1/2 smokes. Going from my normal regiment for how many years to this, I think is fucking incredible. Might try the lozenge if these cravings every few days or so don't stop.

I used to smoke menthols (Kool XLs to be specific) and I actually liked the smell of them.  Those and Djarum blacks were my favorite.

Also, if you take a Black and Mild and open it up like you were rolling a blunt, you can strip out the cardboard tubing that holds the tobacco, then roll it back up.  It will retain that vanilla-like flavor of the first hit for much longer.

But since this is a quitting smoking thread, all that information is bad. BAD! Smoking is bad and you should feel bad.  ;)

I used to smoke menthols (Kool XLs to be specific) and I actually liked the smell of them. Those and Djarum blacks were my favorite.

Also, if you take a Black and Mild and open it up like you were rolling a blunt, you can strip out the cardboard tubing that holds the tobacco, then roll it back up. It will retain that vanilla-like flavor of the first hit for much longer.

But since this is a quitting smoking thread, all that information is bad. BAD! Smoking is bad and you should feel bad. ;)

They're so fucking harsh though, just use a White Owl or Swisher Sweet, man. Gross. I quit smoking the ganja 2 years ago but just thinking about using a black and mild as a blunt wrap kills me inside.

They're so fucking harsh though, just use a White Owl or Swisher Sweet, man. Gross. I quit smoking the ganja 2 years ago but just thinking about using a black and mild as a blunt wrap kills me inside.

No, no, no... I was meaning to smoke it with the tobacco included.  For blunts, the Double Platinum Grape Blunt Wraps or the White Owl White Grape are the best.  But I quit smoking years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I was sick all week, so I only smoked 3 cigarettes in the past 5 days. I feel like this is a good time to stop, since my body is not really craving them all that much right now. I think I have half a pack left, so will use those when I really really want one. Hopefully it'll be enough to stop completely.

I was sick all week, so I only smoked 3 cigarettes in the past 5 days. I feel like this is a good time to stop, since my body is not really craving them all that much right now. I think I have half a pack left, so will use those when I really really want one. Hopefully it'll be enough to stop completely.

Hell yeah! You've gone this far so just toss that pack and suffer through the cravings like the rest of us do ya big dummy. It's shit like that that won't help you.

Tomorrow is going to be the biggest test for me as my girlfriend is moving two hours away. The stress, anxiety and my brain are going to be off the charts.

Back in high school, I was a "cool kid" that partied all the time and amassed quite the smoking habit (as well as a daily drinking habit that ended up really fucking me up).  I was up to a pack and a half a day before I could even legally purchase them.  About three-four years into my addiction, having wanted to quit for a long while before, I was sitting on my friend's porch when I looked at the burning ember halfway down the cigarette and decided that it would be the last drag I ever took.  I quit smoking, cold turkey, without finishing the cigarette or the pack it came with.

Occasionally I would bum a cigarette at a party to share some conversation with people, but I never took smoking back up until recently.  I had been going through a tough time - the end of a seven year relationship - and smoking was an easy way to cope.  Soon enough, I was smoking nearly a pack a day.  But this time I could see that it wasn't good for me, so I refused to buy another pack.  It's been three days without a cigarette and I think I can go the rest of my life without.  I think.

Hasn't been really working for me.  I cut it down to about 3-5 cigarettes a day.  It helps with stress and makes me look uber cool.

Ugh, I quit smoking for 9 months last year, and I saved so much money. Now I'm back on the smokes, but I cut down to 2 packs a week from 4 packs a week. I used vaping to quit and I still have all the vaping stuff for when I feel totally up to it again. I smoke when I'm stressed. The biggest habit I broke and haven't let up on it smoking in the car or smoking while reading. I do not do either of those anymore. So I still have some of the 'quit' in me. 

• 2 weeks later...

I quit smoking yesterday.  Halfway through a cigarette, I looked down at the cherried ember and thought "fuck it"  - then snuffed it right there.

Today I felt the urge to buy a pack, but I didn't.  

I live in a house with a couple smokers, so it's a bit of a challenge to refrain when they're walking out back every 30 minutes to light up.  But if I can keep from drinking and smoking weed in this house, I can definitely rouse the willpower to keep from ingesting nicotine.

• 1 month later...

thats the thing man. different things appeal to different people.

holding the cigarette, inhaling, routines, smoke, fire, goes good with beer, great after a meal/fornication....

no one cares about death or thinks about it when smoking... doesnt matter because deep down we all think we're immortal.