Complete Snuffy Smiles 7" Collection

I know I should probably post this picture in that post a picture of your collection thread, but I've been working on this for YEARS and finally got the last 2 I needed in the mail yesterday!!!

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

- V/A - Too Late To Kiss The Truth - SNUFF-001

- Slimefisher - Here is Someone Like You - SNUFF-002

- God's Guts - Flip Sunday - SNUFF-003

- Samantha's Favourite / Ron Ron Clou - Split - SNUFF-004

- Milk Cow - Milk Cow - SNUFF-005

- Registrators - Set Me Free - SNUFF-006

- Slimefisher - I'd Rather Be Fishing - SNUFF-007

- V/A - Not Superstitious 1 - SNUFF-008

- Hi-Standard - In the Brightly Moonlight - SNUFF-009

- Miscasts - Days Of Losing Tickets - SNUFF-010

- Nails Of Hawaiian / J Church - Split - SNUFF-011

- V/A - Somehow It Don't Bother Me - SNUFF-012

- V/A - Not Superststious 2 - SNUFF-013

- Next Style / Wise Up - Split - SNUFF-014

- Lovemen / Exit Condition - Split - SNUFF-015

- God's Guts - B.E.A.R. - SNUFF-016

- Sprocket Wheel / Goober Patrol - Split - SNUFF-017

- International Jet Set - Fade To White - SNUFF-018

- Registrators - Just Wanna Kill Everything - SNUFF-019

- V/A - Not Superstitious 3 - SNUFF-020

- Samantha's Favourite / Skimmer - Split - SNUFF-021

- Sherbet - Let's Go Get 'Em - SNUFF-022

- Husking Bee - Start Your Engine - SNUFF-023

- V/A - Not Superststious 4 - SNUFF-024

- International Jet Set / Broccoli - Split - SNUFF-025

- Navel / Travis Cut - Split - SNUFF-026

- Ran - John Says - SNUFF-027

- Sprocket Wheel / Less than Jake - Split - SNUFF-028

- Cigaretteman / Discount - Split - SNUFF-029

- Lovemen / Hooton 3 Car - Split - SNUFF-030

- Blew / Chopper - Split - SNUFF-031

- Just One Day / Eversor - Split - SNUFF-032

- Wall / Stand Still - Split - SNUFF-033

- Registrators - 4 Vibrate - SNUFF-034

- Blew / Boy Named Sue - Split - SNUFF-035

- Blew / Cards In Spokes - Split - SNUFF-036-

- Rail / Wisher - Split - SNUFF-037

- Screaming Fat Rat / Hooton 3 Car - Split - SNUFF-038

- Ann Baretta / Spray Paint - Split - SNUFF-039

- Urchin - First Recording By The Band Using The Old Weapon - SNUFF-040

- My Winter Jane / Discount - Split - SNUFF-041

- Navel / Skimmer - Split - SNUFF-042

- Lovemen / Eversor - Split - SNUFF-043

- Braid / Three Minute Movie - Split - SNUFF-044

- Urchin / Thumbs - Split - SNUFF-045

- Cradle To Grave - Our Democracy Got Lost - SNUFF-046

- Screaming Fat Rat / Hot Water Music - Split - SNUFF-047

- Snatcher / Annalise - Split - SNUFF-048

- Urchin / Tone - Split - SNUFF-049

- Cigaretteman - Girl - SNUFF-050

- Screaming Fat Rat / 8roof - Split - SNUFF-051

- Registrators - Imagination World - SNUFF-052

- Oval / Tiltwheel - Split - SNUFF-053

- Navel / T.V. Dinners - Split - SNUFF-054

- My Winter Jane / Shonben - Split - SNUFF-055

- This World is Mine / Miles Apart - Split - SNUFF-056

- I Excuse / Manifesto Jukebox - Split - SNUFF-057

- Pear Of The West / Servo - Split - SNUFF-058

- Minority Blues Band / J Church - Split - SNUFF-059

- Long Ball To No-One / Southport - Split - SNUFF-060

- Bottledirt / Super Chinchilla Rescue Mission - Split - SNUFF-061

- One Leaf / Thumbs - Split - SNUFF-062

- Urchin / One Leaf - Split - SNUFF-063

- Zero Fast / Shotwell - Split - SNUFF-064

- Baggage / Timversion - Split - SNUFF-065

- Practice - Fight Back - SNUFF-066

- Minority Blues Band / Manifesto Jukebox - Split - SNUFF-067

- Practice - More Practice - SNUFF-068

- Three Minute Movie / Miles Apart - Split - SNUFF-069

- Practice / Smalltown - Split - SNUFF-070

- Pear Of The West - Stupid Game - SNUFF-071

- Minority Blues Band / Blocko - Split - SNUFF-072

- Blotto - Bang Up Your Chair - SNUFF-073

- Three Minute Movie / Annalise - Split - SNUFF-074

- Driftage - Paint it Black - SNUFF-075

- Because / Dauntless Elite - Split - SNUFF-076

- Blotto / Altaira - Split - SNUFF-077

- Deeds Not Words / Exit - Split - SNUFF-078

- I Excuse / Whiskey Sunday - Split - SNUFF-079

- I Excuse / Tim Version - Split - SNUFF-080

- Blotto / Because - Split - SNUFF-081

- Urchin / Anti Justice - Split - SNUFF-082

- V/A - As Time Goes By - SNUFF-083

- Tim Version - Know When To Fold 'Em - SNUFF-083.5

- Blotto / Modern Machines - Split - SNUFF-084

- Anti Justice / Chinese Telephones - Split - SNUFF-085

- Pear of The West - In The Dark - SNUFF-086

- Crump - Leave Home - SNUFF-087

- Navel / Fifth Hour Hero - Split - SNUFF-088

- Gleam Garden - Still Burning - SNUFF-089

- Because / One Reason - Split - SNUFF-090

- Crump / Smalltown - Split - SNUFF-091

- Gleam Garden - In The One Sided World - SNUFF-092

- Blotto / Drunken Boat - Split - SNUFF-093

- Practice / Off With Their Heads - Split - SNUFF-094

- Blotto / Off With their Heads - Split - SNUFF-095

- Gleam Garden / Dan Padilla - Split - SNUFF-096

- Outnauts / Giant Haystacks - Split - SNUFF-097

- Comeonfeel - Red Heart Beat - SNUFF-098

- Blotto / Measure [sa] - Split - SNUFF-099

NOT YET RELEASED SNUFF-100

- Shyboy / Crump - Split - SNUFF-101

- Miscasts / Driftage - Split - SNUFF-102

- Gleam Garden / Browntrout - Split - SNUFF-103

Now as long as I stay current with the new releases as they come out, all is right in the world.

god damn man that is amazing!

what's your opinion on the downward spiral quality of his releases? like compare the braid/three min movie 7" with the measure (sa) 7".

No such thing. Blotto is just as amazing as three minute movie. I have no interest in Braid or Measure sa.

have you heard the last batch of records? shyboy, crump, browntrout, Driftage, Miscasts? They are all KILLER.

god damn man that is amazing!

what's your opinion on the downward spiral quality of his releases? like compare the braid/three min movie 7" with the measure (sa) 7".

No such thing. Blotto is just as amazing as three minute movie. I have no interest in Braid or Measure sa.

have you heard the last batch of records? shyboy, crump, browntrout, Driftage, Miscasts? They are all KILLER.

i didnt mean the releases, but more for the way it was laid out. the example of the braid/three min movie 7" was a printed color cover with the inside printed, but the blotto/measure (sa) was just black and white photo copy glued to the dust sleeve.

ALL the records he does are amazing, i just think the packaging is starting to slack.

i didnt mean the releases, but more for the way it was laid out. the example of the braid/three min movie 7" was a printed color cover with the inside printed, but the blotto/measure (sa) was just black and white photo copy glued to the dust sleeve.

ALL the records he does are amazing, i just think the packaging is starting to slack.

I think that has more to do with the cost of running a record label these days and Yoichi's desire to keep things cheap and punk rock. He's very old school in his beliefs. A few years ago when i was having a really hard time tracking down any information about the label I had wrote to Yoichi offering to make a Snuffy Smile website for him for free, and he turned me down because he didn't think websites were punk rock. Gotta respect that.

As far as the OWTH story goes most people (especially other bands that have worked with Yoichi) feel that the problem probablt lies on the OWTH side, as Yoichi's been doing the same thing (bring the band over to Japan and put out a split 7" for them while they are there) for American bands for almost 15 years, and they are the first band ever to complain about it. I don't think that makes OWTH any less of a good band though. I still dig them. But I find it impossible to believe that Yoichi screwed them out of anything, he's one of the nicest guys on the earth.

I think that has more to do with the cost of running a record label these days and Yoichi's desire to keep things cheap and punk rock. He's very old school in his beliefs. A few years ago when i was having a really hard time tracking down any information about the label I had wrote to Yoichi offering to make a Snuffy Smile website for him for free, and he turned me down because he didn't think websites were punk rock. Gotta respect that.

As far as the OWTH story goes most people (especially other bands that have worked with Yoichi) feel that the problem probablt lies on the OWTH side, as Yoichi's been doing the same thing (bring the band over to Japan and put out a split 7" for them while they are there) for American bands for almost 15 years, and they are the first band ever to complain about it. I don't think that makes OWTH any less of a good band though. I still dig them. But I find it impossible to believe that Yoichi screwed them out of anything, he's one of the nicest guys on the earth.

One of my best friends was on tour with OWTH on that trip and I still remember when she came back my other friend and I took her to dinner. The whole time she complained about the trip. According to her it was more than him just screwing them out of money. He was sexist and just an overall douchebag. I'm not going to get into it more than that because I have nothing against the dude, cause I don't know him and it's not my place to air out anyone's dirty laundry, but I trust the story of one of my close friends over dumb hearsay.

yea i heard the OWTH story. kinda sucks cause jenny 15 is super nice.

I heard a story that Frankie Stubbs shit his pants in a van just to piss Yoichi off while they were on tour.

when i put out the measure CD he wanted CD's but claimed he sent me $$$ for it but it never came and when i didnt send him the records he wasnt to happy.

• 1 month later...

This picture still rules so to the top it goes.

I'm also thinking of giving this a whirl since I'm over 2/3 of the way there. Here are the 32 I need:

002-Slimefisher - 1st EP

003-God's Guts - 1st EP (Flip Sunday/Same)-$24.72G

004-Ron Ron Clou/ Samantha's Favourite - Split

006-Registrators - Set Me Free

007-Slimefisher - 2nd EP

009-Hi-Standard - In The Brightly Moonlight

011-Nails Of Hawaiian/ J Church - Split

012-V/a-Somehow It Don't Bother Me (A Tribute To Snuff No.2)

013-V/a-Not Superstitious 2

014-Next Style/ Wise Up - Split

015-Lovemen/ Exit Condition - Split

016-God's Guts - 2nd EP

017-Sprocket Wheel/ Goober Patrol - Split

018-International Jet Set - International Jet Set

019-Registrators - Just Wanna Kill Everything

020-V/a-Not Superstitious 3

021-Samantha's Favourite/ Skimmer - Split

022-Sherbet - Let's Go Get'em

023-Husking Bee - Start Your Engine

024-V/a-Not Superstitious 4

025-International Jet Set/ Broccoli - Split

026-Navel/ Travis Cut - Split

028-Sprocket Wheel/ Less Than Jake - Split

029-Cigaretteman/ Discount - Split

032-Just One Day/ Eversor - Split

033-Wall/ Stand Still - Split

034-Registrators - 4 Vibrate

043-Lovemen/ Eversor - Split

076-The Because/ The Dauntless Elite - Split

082-The Urchin/ Anti Justice - Split

085-Anti Justice/ Chinese Telephones - Split

088-Navel/ Fifth Hour Hero - Split

This will be hard since I don't speak Japanese.

One of my best friends was on tour with OWTH on that trip and I still remember when she came back my other friend and I took her to dinner. The whole time she complained about the trip. According to her it was more than him just screwing them out of money. He was sexist and just an overall douchebag. I'm not going to get into it more than that because I have nothing against the dude, cause I don't know him and it's not my place to air out anyone's dirty laundry, but I trust the story of one of my close friends over dumb hearsay.

i dunno, i've heard two sides of this story... OWTH saying that hes sexist and all of that, but i was also told that on the japan tour jenny 15 just kinda showed up in japan (yoichi didnt know she was coming) and durring the whole tour they'd just sleep in and slack when they needed to get up early and get moving. just kind of a general slack thing. dude just kinda got annoyed with the situation, but didnt really say anything sexist or anything like that.

guess kind of the same thing as people getting annoyed when other band members girlfriends come along on tour.