mix cd exchane CHECK YOUR PM'S ADDRESSES SENT OUT

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have different ways I do mixes, there is always some sort of theme but not necessarily a genre of music. I have done happy birthday mixes, fav bands from certain years, songs from first albums of bands that ended up getting signed to majors, songs all about sex haha... this mix is songs from bands whose concerts I went to over the past few years. The way I try to make it flow is just by which songs I choose to go next to each other... I listen to the first couple secs of each song over and over until I thin I have a good order and flow.

Sounds like you all are putting a lot of hard work into your cd's I am excited! I wondered if anyone was going to use those vinyl cd's. I am spray painting my actual cd's and making cover art. I took old cd cases and took out the old art so that I could have the tack list on the back and cover art on the front.

What's the key to making a good mix? Do you go with a theme? (pop-punk, metal, etc...) Mine never seem to flow very well. Is it possible to have Alejandro Escovedo and Nerfherder on the same mix?

you can do whatever you want. I still think you can make them flow right no matter what you have on there. Mine is a mix of punk, hardcore, folk, all kinds of shit that varies and I don't think I'll have to much of a problem with the flow of it.