PO: Antarctigo Vespucci - Leavin La Vida Loca

After seeing Chris at Fest last year (I couldn't stay for sunday, so I missed Antarctigo) I ordered all three of their releases after I got home, and I still haven't received mine either.

I just shot Chris an email via bigcartel as well. Thanks for bumping this and reminding me. Hopefully we both get our records!

After seeing Chris at Fest last year (I couldn't stay for sunday, so I missed Antarctigo) I ordered all three of their releases after I got home, and I still haven't received mine either.

I just shot Chris an email via bigcartel as well. Thanks for bumping this and reminding me. Hopefully we both get our records!

Weird, maybe they ran out of The Soulmate Stuff EP and then just forgot about us? I still have not heard anything after talking to Chris, but I'll give it another week to bug him again. At the very least I want my money back if Jeff can't fulfill my order.

When I sent the email, I just used the contact tab on the bigcartel site, and shot him an email via that form. I got a response from someone named Jacob pretty soon after, apologizing for the wait.

He told me that their order for I'm So Tethered got screwed up and they didn't get the amount of opaque blue they had expected, and offered to send me a copy on fluorescent orange/pink if that was alright. And told me that if that was okay with me, he'd have my package on the way ASAP.

I'm not entirely sure why they couldn't/didn't just send an email out asking if that was okay three or four months ago, but whatever, at least my records should finally be on their way to me.

Maybe give it another shot? Good luck!

I'm going to give it another week, and see if Jeff responds, since it looks like he is recording right now. The whole thing is kinda off putting from ordering from Jeff's label ever again.

I'm generally not much into Jeff's stuff, I'm just a big fan of Fake Problems/Chris Farren, so I was pretty interested in this project, but I just hadn't really listened to it, and then seeing Chris play an acoustic set of Soulmate Stuff at Fest sold me on it.

I agree that this whole thing definitely doesn't inspire much confidence about ordering from Really Records again though, that's for sure.

I'm generally not much into Jeff's stuff, I'm just a big fan of Fake Problems/Chris Farren, so I was pretty interested in this project, but I just hadn't really listened to it, and then seeing Chris play an acoustic set of Soulmate Stuff at Fest sold me on it.

I agree that this whole thing definitely doesn't inspire much confidence about ordering from Really Records again though, that's for sure.

I've ordered from Really multiple times and never had an issue. Surprised this happened but don't give up on this DIY label. Good luck. Hopefully just a glitch. 

On 4/29/2016 at 11:39 AM, AsleepOnRocks said:

When I sent the email, I just used the contact tab on the bigcartel site, and shot him an email via that form. I got a response from someone named Jacob pretty soon after, apologizing for the wait.

He told me that their order for I'm So Tethered got screwed up and they didn't get the amount of opaque blue they had expected, and offered to send me a copy on fluorescent orange/pink if that was alright. And told me that if that was okay with me, he'd have my package on the way ASAP.

I'm not entirely sure why they couldn't/didn't just send an email out asking if that was okay three or four months ago, but whatever, at least my records should finally be on their way to me.

Maybe give it another shot? Good luck!

Did you ever get your records? I have yet to hear back from Chris or Jeff.

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Emailed Chris again the other day, no response, no response from Jeff off the Really Records page, so trying Chris's Big Cartel page. This is really annoying. I will not be supporting this band again, or either artist again if I can't at least get an answer of some kind.

Man, sorry to hear that. Both are such solid dudes. Had to be a mix up. 

Just got this email:

"Hi!

My name is Jake and I’ve been helping Jeff Rosenstock with Really Records fulfillment while he’s been touring pretty relentlessly since the end of last year.

I’ve been tasked with writing to all the kind folks who are missing their pre-orders for Leavin’ La Vida Loca. Here’s the situation: we’ve got all the Leavin’ LP’s and they’re ready to ship out. In fact, we have just about everything in stock to fulfill the orders placed.

The tricky part is that most of you also ordered one of these things:
  • Antarctigo Vespucci “I’m So Tethered” 7’’  in Opaque Blue 
  • Antarctigo Vespucci "Soulmate Stuff” LP in Psychedelic Grimace (Half Transparent Purple/ Half Hot Pink) 
We don’t have enough of these in the specified colors to fulfill your orders. We do have both the 7’’ and the LP’s in another color variation that we can ship out instead. The 7’’ is fluorescent orange and the “Soulmate Stuff” LP is a blue swirl. If you are OK with getting these other colors, just let me know, and I’ll have your orders shipped out ASAP.

I’m really sorry this has taken so long to get figured out and I know I speak for Jeff when I say that he definitely didn’t want this to become such an issue trying to get you guys this stuff!

Thanks for your patience and I hope for your understanding,
Jake
Night Owls Print Shop"

Told them I don't care about the colors, just send whatever. Glad to see they are finally addressing it.

I think that was the same guy that responded to me, he worked quick once I got a hold of him and told him I didn't care what color showed up. To be honest, I wouldn't have remembered which color I ordered anyway.

I'm glad you finally got someone, and you'll be getting your records soon though.