PO: Tesseract - Polaris

Glad you got a reply so quick!

My copy of the clear turned up today. Just taking it for a spin now. Sounds good so far, seems to be mastered a bit quieter than most of my other records, though I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it's probably because it's less compressed and allows a greater dynamic range.

Received my clear copy yesterday and it looks amazing. Haven't had the chance to give it a listen as of yet though.

I also emailed CM Distro US earlier this month in regards to the other variants and received this response.

"Thanks for contacting CM Distro. Unfortunately we are unable to offer the vinyl versions at this time due to a temporary closure of our warehouse. We hope to re-open our store by the end of September though at which point we will list all available versions of the vinyl automatically."

So I'm hoping once the U.S. store is back up that they'll really have all variants avaliable. (For the exception of the EU clear, of course).

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know why but this album is just not hitting me at all.

There's some really cool parts on here; namely, the Deftones style ending on Utopia and the instrumental transitions between songs. I feel like AS had a better flow and was more like a Concept Album.

But the album is lacking so much emotion and climax from what was on Altered State. Plus there are some really weird mixing/FX and harmony choices on here.

Who knows, it might grow on me in a few listens.

I dont know why but this album is just not hitting me at all.

There's some really cool parts on here; namely, the Deftones style ending on Utopia and the instrumental transitions between songs. I feel like AS had a better flow and was more like a Concept Album.

But the album is lacking so much emotion and climax from what was on Altered State. Plus there are some really weird mixing/FX and harmony choices on here.

Who knows, it might grow on me in a few listens.

so fn right. got my first listen today. riding the 'safe' coat tails from the explosion of Altered State. not as dimensional as I had hoped; little to no new variation or envelope pushing. I like it because it's so similar to what drew me in, just had hoped for something.

Oh well, sounds like I'm one of the few who actually really like their new record. I actually think it's the best record Tesseract has made so far. I think some of the songs got some strange rough edges and that it sounds a bit more raw than their previous records. To me this doesn't feel as polished as their previous records at least, which is something I really like. You right about that it's really not envelope pushing or anything revolutionizing, yet for me it feels like a quite mature record and natural progression for the band. I'm really glad Dan is back, despite Ashe did a really good job as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Super late to the party (and sorry for dragging this up from the depths) but I had to register here just to say thank you to everyone that has posted. I've been into Tesseract since the beginning but haven't been listening to much vinyl for the past handful of years. Long story long, getting back into vinyl now and Polaris, One (red) and Masstaden (green) just got ordered. Wouldn't have known about the One repressings and CMdistro without you guys. Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the bump, but I just noticed that both Amazon UK and US have changed their Altered State vinyl listings from "unavailable" to "temporarily out of stock". You can now order and they'll obviously only charge you if/when it's in stock, so I should image that a repress is possibly coming...