PO Now: Alex G - Beach Music

Gonna guess he'll have some on tour too

prob standard vinyl copies i'd imagine since the tape was bandcamp "exclusive"; although i could also see them doing a separate tour run of tapes

Fuck these PO's. cant stand them clogging up the forum.

????

isn't this forum specifically for record pre-orders 

just got shipping confirmation. i moved since i ordered it and emailed them about a month ago asking if they could change the address and didnt get a response, which is totally fine. but now its going to my old place and my fingers are crossed my bitter ex girlfriend doesnt throw it away as soon as she sees my name on it 

just got shipping confirmation. i moved since i ordered it and emailed them about a month ago asking if they could change the address and didnt get a response, which is totally fine. but now its going to my old place and my fingers are crossed my bitter ex girlfriend doesnt throw it away as soon as she sees my name on it

or she will keep it and flip the hell out of it

It's great, but I don't think it's on par with DSU, much less WAY better. I haven't seen anyone else with that opinion, what makes you say so?

The growth on this record shines. I loved a ton of things about DSU, he took those things and made them just scream on this album. I can do without some of the experimental parts on this record (I know that's a thing Alex does) but i loved every second of this Roller-coaster. Very good and it makes me excited for him. 

It's great, but I don't think it's on par with DSU, much less WAY better. I haven't seen anyone else with that opinion, what makes you say so?

I think it's way better too. Feel like there's more going on, not him just using his falsetto over boring quiet guitar. More dynamics imo, closer to his live sound.

Jesus, man, if you think stuff like "Hollow" is "falsetto over boring quiet guitar" I'm not sure this is the artist for you.

I love that song. Rest of the record i can't remember, though Icehead I know as a song because the live version is unreal good, even if it's really boring on record.

I love that song. Rest of the record i can't remember, though Icehead I know as a song because the live version is unreal good, even if it's really boring on record.

I think it's probably one of the best songs he's ever written. Icehead is great too, but I love the studio version just as much as the live rendition - the gooey phasers and pitch shifting is really surreal and ear-tickling in a way that the dynamics of the live take can't replicate.

Man, DSU is absolutely loaded with highlights. It's a huge slow-burner, but I can't urge you to revisit it enough. Serpent Is Lord, Harvey, Rejoyce, Axesteel, Sorry, Boy - those are some of his finest songs to date.

I have been stating this opinion too tho

Man, DSU is absolutely loaded with highlights. It's a huge slow-burner, but I can't urge you to revisit it enough. Serpent Is Lord, Harvey, Rejoyce, Axesteel, Sorry, Boy - those are some of his finest songs to date.

I disagree with the slowburner comment. I think beach music is the slowburner and that dsu is is like half-split down the middle where half the songs are energetic and anthemic and natural (harvey, boy, black hair etc) while the other half is wispy and strange and temperamentally cool. Now with that said I love every song on DSU but my favorite tracks are Rejoyce, Serpent is Lord, Icehead, etc--songs where he further explored a cooler more fragile approach. Beach Music as a whole seemed more in the direction of the latter to me on a broad scope which I personally prefer as a listener. 

DSU is just as good of an album though.

so I know there's supposed to be a special tape for CSD, and bullmoose has a beach music cassette for PO rn but I don't know for sure if that's the regular or special tape

I'm not seeing the normal cassette PO, do you have a link?

I called my local store and they confirmed there's a tape coming out on CSD, but they can't hold CSD stuff. any idea what's going to be special or different about the tape if anything?