PO: Offspring "Ixnay"

I'll put the grabs on this. Real fun album, I bought it the day I got my drivers license in October of 1996.

I thought this came out in '97. Anyway I do remember promo commercials for this album on MTV back then and it had the skeletons on horses running and a clip of All I Want playing. Good shit.

I thought this came out in '97.

You caught me.  After I logged off I thought to myself, "Did I just write '96...?" but was too lazy to come back on & correct it.  Yes, 1997.  :)  Either way, I'm excited for this.  I like most everything The Offspring does.  I don't care what genre they are or if they were punk but decided to make some fun songs to make some money.  Whatever, if you make money in the entertainment business it's called selling out.  They're a fun band, & kill it live every time I see them.  Granted, those most popular songs (Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get A Job) are the worst of their set & it's inevitable that they'll play them every time.  I would love for them to do an Ixnay tour.  And I wish they scheduled more stops for the Americana album, I think they played that live at 1 festival this summer.  Anybody else catch them play the Smash album last summer?

You caught me.  After I logged off I thought to myself, "Did I just write '96...?" but was too lazy to come back on & correct it.  Yes, 1997.   :)  Either way, I'm excited for this.  I like most everything The Offspring does.  I don't care what genre they are or if they were punk but decided to make some fun songs to make some money.  Whatever, if you make money in the entertainment business it's called selling out.  They're a fun band, & kill it live every time I see them.  Granted, those most popular songs (Pretty Fly, Why Don't You Get A Job) are the worst of their set & it's inevitable that they'll play them every time.  I would love for them to do an Ixnay tour.  And I wish they scheduled more stops for the Americana album, I think they played that live at 1 festival this summer.  Anybody else catch them play the Smash album last summer?

I saw them play Smash last year the songs from the album that never get played did not sound very good live

Off the top of my head argument: Ixnay is Offspring's Pinkerton.

Less-immediate follow up to a singles-heavy radio rock 'debut'.

Released before Offspring settled into their modern-day post-Fly-For-A-White-Guy "one annoying radio song with audio drops per album" personas, much like Weezer's formulaic Green through Radititude radio-single output.

Still passed over by mainstream radio and TV media.

Released before Offspring settled into their modern-day post-Fly-For-A-White-Guy "one annoying radio song with audio drops per album" personas, much like Weezer's formulaic Green through Radititude radio-single output.

I agree except for one thing: Maladroit is solid.

• 1 month later...

I noticed they messed up printing the tracklisting and listed Cocktail (The vinyl only hidden track at the end of the album) before Don't Pick It Up

More than that, I just gave the record a listen and Cocktail isn't even on there. Bummer, as I never knew that there was a vinyl-exclusive track before this, would have been nice to hear it. Oh well, it sounds great and the olive green is very nice.

Still feel it is more Ixnay is Offspring's Insomniac.

Making a less commercial interesting record, which ultimately made them huge.