Four Tet - Pink (Vinyl Me Please release)

ExtraFox

This has never been pressed before so I though someone might be interested. Oddly, not being released on pink vinyl (black).

PM me if you want to sign up as both the recommender and recommendee get a free record (probably something cheap but I doubt anywhere near as bad as VNYL). Something for nothing is better than nothing for nothing.

They're pretty good. Last month's release came with a massive seam split (record poking through and everything). I asked for a replacement sleeve and got a replacement sleeve and record.

http://vinylmeplease.com/record-of-the-month/

In the US it's $27 for a one month/record subscription coming down to $23 per month/record if you go for a year.

Just had a closer read of the Terms and Conditions for the free record thing. If you only want this month's record, just go for it as it's too late for the free records this month. If you want to sign up for longer, then PM me.

They have a bunch of other stuff on sale. Previous month's records, other exclusives that aren't the monthly subscription and other records you can get most places.

It sounds like I'm pushing this. I promise all I'd get is a random free record per 'friend' who signs up using the right process.

I bought the Hot Chip version for $15 a few weeks back.

yeah, with there being other pressings of that hot chip i'm not surprised on its price (also how good that record is).. this four tet could be more $$$ if it doesnt get a subsequent wider release, but I cant see them just pressing enough for the subscribers.

The exclusives this month are

Youth Lagoon -Savage Hills Ballroom (VMP Exclusive, clear vinyl,ltd to 900) - $21

Future - DS2 (VMP Exclusive, purple variant, ltd to 1,000) - $29

link if you want to join, shameless plug to get a free record. everyone loves free records B)

http://fbuy.me/cLJZQ

I still can't jump on the subscription bandwagon. A lot of money for what you get. Plus if color vinyl is what you are collecting, then you may as well collect old plates as they are just as colorful and cheaper. Maybe for people who have no music clue, the subscription thing is good. I see it as an overpriced way to get stuff you really don't want and all they are doing is throwing sparkly things like color vinyl, drink recipes (wtf), and pointless art prints to make you think it's special. It's not special, it's a club anyone can join if they like over spending on records. Other than that I guess they are alright ;) I'll stick with Amazon/Amoeba etc. 

That's a good idea, but like this Four Tet record. There is a reason why it was out of print. It was not well received when it was originally released and its a compilation. So 45RPMs, Black Vinyl, Cocktail Recipe, Print does not equal $25 bucks. I guarantee this record becomes cheap on ebay or discogs quick like many of the other Vinyl Me Please releases have and I bet it eventually gets a regular release maybe missing some of the extra tracks. 

That's a good idea, but like this Four Tet record. There is a reason why it was out of print. It was not well received when it was originally released and its a compilation. 

It was never IN print, so a Four Tet completionist or fan would see this as a big deal. Furthermore, care to explain the 'not well received'? fire http://www.metacritic.com/music/pink/four-tet

I've been a VMP member for 5-6 months now and while I haven't loved every album they have selected (and even have dups of one (Hot Chip)), I appreciate what they are trying to do. Especially how difficult it is it to please everyone with their curation. If you don't like random chance (or doing a tiny bit of research apparently) this ain't for you.  

The exclusives this month are

Youth Lagoon -Savage Hills Ballroom (VMP Exclusive, clear vinyl,ltd to 900) - $21

Future - DS2 (VMP Exclusive, purple variant, ltd to 1,000) - $29

link if you want to join, shameless plug to get a free record. everyone loves free records B)

http://fbuy.me/cLJZQ

Any chance a member could grab a Youth Lagoon exclusive for me if they are still available? I can send Paypal whenever.

Any chance a member could grab a Youth Lagoon exclusive for me if they are still available? I can send Paypal whenever.

If you check out the post or two above yours, it still looks like you can purchase it without a membership because they are moving warehouses and put stock up for the general public for a limited time

If you check out the post or two above yours, it still looks like you can purchase it without a membership because they are moving warehouses and put stock up for the general public for a limited time

That's the exclusive for the old album. I meant the clear edition /900 in the member only store of his new album.