Dance Gavin Dance - Instant Gratification Baby Pink Vinyl

Happiness is the only worthwhile DGD record

Isn't that because you have something against Jon Mess? I don't remember if you have something against him personally or you just don't like his vocal style.

I may be the only person who likes Happiness the least out of all of their releases. Don't get me wrong, I still love it cause it's DGD, but it's probably my last choice of their things to listen to.

Feel the exact same way. I still need to give it a fair shake, but I listen to DBM/DBM2 and even the Tilian albums 10x more than the Kurt Travis albums. He's so much better in A Lot Like Birds, who, by the way, are absolutely incredible. Definitely my most anticipated album for next year.

Not too weird. Most of the people I know favor Deathstar, but I know a couple DBM fans.

This album is my least favorite so far. Did not like this one. Liked Acceptance Speech a lot more.

DBM > Instant Gratification > Acceptance Speech > DBM2 > Self Titled > Happiness 

Although I have to say, The Robot With Human Hair Pt. 4 is most likely my favorite song by DGD.

DBM > Instant Gratification > Acceptance Speech > DBM2 > Self Titled > Happiness

This is almost how I feel. I would switch AS and Self-Titled though. And I'd throw in Whatever I Say Is Royal Ocean after DBM2.

Jon Mess is a big reason I'm such a fan of this band. That's probably another reason I don't like Happiness as much as their other stuff.

Isn't that because you have something against Jon Mess? I don't remember if you have something against him personally or you just don't like his vocal style.

Feel the exact same way. I still need to give it a fair shake, but I listen to DBM/DBM2 and even the Tilian albums 10x more than the Kurt Travis albums. He's so much better in A Lot Like Birds, who, by the way, are absolutely incredible. Definitely my most anticipated album for next year.

Although I have to say, The Robot With Human Hair Pt. 4 is most likely my favorite song by DGD.

There's a few different variables there. The lack of Mess and his screams and lyrics (ugh he says some painful things sometimes), plus Zac Garren's guitar (which I think is the most interesting thing about that record), and Kurt's vocals/sense of melody elevate it over everything else this band has done.

To be honest I didn't like this album as much. I just feel like Tillian fits so much better with Tides of Man, and now that he's gone Tides of Man has gotten a bit boring. Listening to him in DGD just feels wrong to me. So much so that I still haven't been able to make through the entirety of instant gratification before calling it quits. Happiness remains as my favorite album by them.

To be honest I didn't like this album as much. I just feel like Tillian fits so much better with Tides of Man, and now that he's gone Tides of Man has gotten a bit boring. Listening to him in DGD just feels wrong to me. So much so that I still haven't been able to make through the entirety of instant gratification before calling it quits.

That really sucks, because IG ends really well. One of my top 3 albums of this year.

There's a few different variables there. The lack of Mess and his screams and lyrics (ugh he says some painful things sometimes), plus Zac Garren's guitar (which I think is the most interesting thing about that record), and Kurt's vocals/sense of melody elevate it over everything else this band has done.

Definitely agree, especially with Jon Mess on lyrics. It just hurts my brain when I read some of them.

Speaking of Zac Garren, I need to listen to Strawberry Girls.