PO: RADIOHEAD "Best of Radiohead" 4 x LP boxset

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

RADIOHEAD "Best of Radiohead" 4 x LP boxset

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/212107

This is the first ever Radiohead retrospective to be released, consisting of singles, key album tracks and live favorites from the band's 12 year career on Parlophone (1992 - 2004). This unbelievable Limited Edition 4 LP Box Set of The Best of Radiohead is designed with a lift off top and is a must have collection for any fan of the most ambitious band in the world!

From our count, there are 30 tracks, read elsewhere there are 29, but eitherway, this is a pretty rad set. It has a high price tag, but I would think that if you don't already own their older catalog, this would be a great set to have in your collection. The price tag is hefty, but for 4 LPs, it is about normal as far as Radiohead is concerned.

We only plan on getting in a couple due to the high price tag, but I can get plenty more in case we sell out of it. thanks.

oooh, dilemma...i already own "ok computer" and "the bends" on vinyl, but this thing is probably going to beat ass.

although...i also don't like to support exploitative cash-grabs by any label, especially in an instance where a bitter relationship has marked the departure of an act from said label....

i think Radiohead were a pretty good singles band up to OK Computer. to be honest, i only really like them up to and including Kid A. even though i have all the albums they released afterwards, those last three just take up space on my shelves. despite the obvious cash-in factor of this best of album, i think Parlophone made at least some effort to put together something worthwhile, especially on the vinyl version. they could have easily slapped together a 14-track single LP with a few pictures and released it. but judging by the pics that celebdeath posted as well as reviews of the quality of the 4 records that i've read, they did a pretty good job at creating a comprehensive view of Radiohead between 1992 and 2005

i agree with manicdogbert. it is absolutely no secret that parlophone have cashed in on this, but as radiohead were their biggest band and as far as i am aware, parlophone are going through some very tough financial times at the moment, it would seem silly, from a business point of view, not to do something like this.

the music industry is just that - an industry. its a business and we are all consumers in said business.

saying that, i dont like the situation as well, but form a purely aesthetic point of view, its a pretty nice set. and i too am not into all their albums from go to whoa either. this is a good bunch of songs, in a quality package. thats it really.

its awesome that Talk Show Host is on there. that is one of my all time fave Radiohead songs.