PO : Iggy Pop/Josh Homme - Post Pop Depression

I just got my deluxe edition yesterday. Booklet is 50% the photos you'll see on their website, but the other 50% are Iggy's hand-written lyrics which is kind of cool.

Nice 180gram pressing in a decent quality poly-lined inner sleeve. The double gatefold isn't too exciting. Another standard photo that I already saw in one of their press releases or write ups. The sleeve isn't the thick board I was hoping for.

As for the music, I'm digging it. I think I was let down at first because I was expecting this Iggy/QOTSA/Arctic Monkeys explosion to take place, and it's not. Much more mellow, but Homme's guitar work is stellar, and Iggy's lyrics and voice really started to get into my head on the second spin. My favorite tracks are the last couple on side-a. 

Overall, I'm happy to have picked up the deluxe.

• 1 month later...

14 hours ago, scarfaceclaw said:

Is anyone able to confirm that the European deluxe is a hardback cover, while the US deluxe is a standard thickness gatefold?

It's thicker than normal sleeves/gatefolds, but not as thick as the deluxe edition of QOTSA's "...Like Clockwork" for example (both 'oversized').

1TilhPp.jpg

• 6 months later...
27 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

My black copy sounds great. Not a fan of Rough Trade. You can get a black copy for an easy $20 shipped with Prime Vinyl. Also comes with an instant DL of the album. This record is a must buy, either way.

As a completionist, the yellow will go nicely with my deluxe. Possibly AOTY for me.