Cheap Turntable

Hello everyone, I'm new on this forum. I'm upset about my turntable. I'm a huge fan of all kind of music and I always dreamed to have a turntable. My parents bought me a really cheap one: Audiology 60$ USB... I bought some of my favorite albums on vinyl which I played almost everyday already. I know that my turntable is really really cheap and the sound quality is not really great but I checked on internet that cheap turntable can damage your record quickly. Is it true? It was already in my plans to buy a better one but I just want to know if I need immediately to stop using that machine to not scrap my records :o  Thank you!

I'll say that 300$ is my max...

How about a U-turn Orbit?

I really like my Denon DP-300F also. Fully automatic and trouble free.

$300 will absolutely get you a U-Turn, with a few bells & whistles, and you'll likely be happy. I was looking at a U-Turn for a while, though I ended up going with a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon instead.

Thanks for your offer but i'm from Québec ;) And I looked at your suggestion, I think i'll go with the Orbit, seems to have a good quality for the price!

As a Canadian I would suggest also taking a look at Canuck Audio Mart (www.canuckaudiomart.com), which is a classifieds site for audio. Lots of good deals to be had there and you can often save by the sheer fact that you won't have to pay tax or import fees that you might from ordering from the US. I built my entire system with pieces from there. Often enough there are people who are upgrading their system and letting go their previous stuff for way cheaper than list.

As a Canadian I would suggest also taking a look at Canuck Audio Mart (www.canuckaudiomart.com), which is a classifieds site for audio. Lots of good deals to be had there and you can often save by the sheer fact that you won't have to pay tax or import fees that you might from ordering from the US. I built my entire system with pieces from there. Often enough there are people who are upgrading their system and letting go their previous stuff for way cheaper than list.

This is good advice. Especially with our Canadian dollar.