PO NOW: Relient K - Air For Free

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, hammertime said:

Where is "close to Sandusky"?  My parents live in Marblehead...I was born and raised in Toledo.

Norwalk!  Just south of Sandusky (other side of the turnpike)... I grew up going to Cedar Point and worked there for 6 summers.

Moved to Atlanta 2 years ago... but lived in Norwalk (minus Findlay for college) for 26 years!

Edited by nardes

7 hours ago, nardes said:

Norwalk!  Just south of Sandusky (other side of the turnpike)... I grew up going to Cedar Point and worked there for 6 summers.

Moved to Atlanta 2 years ago... but live in Norwalk (minus Findlay for college) for 26 years!

ATLien?! I work in West Midtown at the new cidery. You should stop by and we'll talk records 

• 3 weeks later...

Huh. I was sort of expecting that they'd be going more in the bland youth-group-retreat-core/late-era Newsboys/modern rock sound that Switchfoot transitioned to awhile back, and there's some of that for sure, but this is actually pretty good. Bummin' is an obvious highlight, but there's a lot of good stuff on here.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:16 PM, thefavoriteplay said:

I got a shipping notice earlier today. I noticed it is shipping from Ohio this time and not from Tennessee where most SMLXL releases ship from.

With Combatchuckaa's joke above I thought I'd double check and yep I'm mistaken, this is still shipping from Tennessee, there is something else on my que coming from Ohio. 

Also, after listening to this album I feel like the album cover photo fits the music.

The album sounds like if they have the groove of FANSD but the subject matter of Collapsible Lung. 

Got mine in the mail today. I was super stoked but I'm halfway through and have experienced two songs that won't play through. They just loop. I was on reddit not paying full attention and thought to myself "this song is real repetitive" before I realized. =P Anyone dealt with Smlxl on this kind of stuff before? I plan to email them and see if I can get a replacement, I'm just curious to know how they are about it. 

2 hours ago, CaptainAmerricka said:

Got mine in the mail today. I was super stoked but I'm halfway through and have experienced two songs that won't play through. They just loop. I was on reddit not paying full attention and thought to myself "this song is real repetitive" before I realized. =P Anyone dealt with Smlxl on this kind of stuff before? I plan to email them and see if I can get a replacement, I'm just curious to know how they are about it. 

I'm currently listening and was your issue Mrs. Hippopotamuses'? It loops, I pick up the needle drop it again, it loops again in a different spot. The whole song is ruined.

But to answer your question, as long as the whole batch isn't bad, SMLXL is good about sending a replacement. 

--I'm continuing to listen to the album right now.

8 minutes ago, thefavoriteplay said:

I'm currently listening and was your issue Mrs. Hippopotamuses'? It loops, I pick up the needle drop it again, it loops again in a different spot. The whole song is ruined.

But to answer your question, as long as the whole batch isn't bad, SMLXL is good about sending a replacement. 

Same exact issue. I moved it further into the song and still had the problem. But I also had issue about halfway through the last track on B-side "Man." I'll contact them about it later. Thanks!

14 hours ago, thefavoriteplay said:

14 hours ago, CaptainAmerricka said:

Same exact issue. I moved it further into the song and still had the problem. But I also had issue about halfway through the last track on B-side "Man." I'll contact them about it later. Thanks!

Relient K posted about it on Instagram... apparently A LOT of people are having these issues :(