Help pick the color of Alkaline Trio goddamnit

Guest admin1338560633

I'm a relatively new fan of Alk3...is joining the Blood-Pact worth it?

I don't think so...I'm a lifetime member b/c I joined when they first opened it and I only joined to get a Halloween 7". I did win a Paul Frank wallet off of it, but I don't frequent it ever and haven't found it to be that rewarding outside of a few downloads...but if someone is a huge fan and wants to drop the money on it, who am i tell them not to.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 colours which i need to see on re-press of goddmanit are

180 gram black vinyl

180 gram blood red/carmine vinyl

blood red/carmine with tiny black platter (90% red/10% black)

blood red/carmine with tiny white splatter (90% red/10% black)

half transparent red and half transparent black

half transparent black and solid white

a label on side a have alk3 heart logo

a label on side b have clock logo

sell in 14.99-16.99 usd per each with double gatefold package

and 100 usd for all colours by pre-order at VC store.....

;D

Our good friend, Mike Park, at Asian Man Records has been so kind to offer us an exclusive color of the upcoming Alkaline Trio "Goddamnit" vinyl that you won't be able to get anywhere else. When we were discussing this, I suggested we let the fine folks from our Vinyl Collective message board help choose the color.

So for the rest of the week, I will be taking suggestions for colors. If you have a good idea, let us know.

"Goddamnit" will be available in March of next year and will be released on 6 different colors (500 of each) and the copies will come with a DVD. The album will have all new artwork, was remixed and remastered. It should be super sweet!

Outside of the exclusive color will VC be getting the other colors? Any chance of a group buy for all 6?

from my conversation with mike, we will get 5 of the 6 colors. 1 color will more than likely go to alkaline trio's fanclub. I will work on mike to see if I can at least get l ike 50 of the fan club edition.

and there should be a test pressing contest, too.

can someone help me out and at some point this afternoon, take a count of the top 5 colors selected and set up a poll? that would make my life easier.

Also, as someone noted red with black splatter will be for the atrio fan club.

thanks everyone for offering your suggestions. It is always nice when labels like Asian Man are game to let us help pick the colors.

Is that just an illusion with the CD case? I know I'm not the quickest one on here, I was just wondering what that record is and how it looks so real / not Photoshopped.

- Jeff

that´s not photoshoped. It´s just the "Son of Sam" LP on chastian wax in my Goddamnit sleeve. No digital tricks, I don´t even have photoshop

The red one is "Briefs-Steal your heart" on blood red wax