PO: LAWRENCE ARMS! Ghost Stoires & Guided Tour

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently people forgot that neither one of these albums are very good, especially compared to their later output. Oh well.

true facts.

i love the band though. i wasn't going to order these, but after seeing the hot dog art i figured it would probably be worth it.

these are my two favorite lawrence arms records. in fact, ghost stories is in my top 3 records of all time.

Totally. Mike Park and AMR are pretty awesome.

Virgil, I love you too!

Let's not forget Skylar, the cutest sound man this side of the Euphrates.

As insane as vinyl is right now I'm glad to see them pressing more awesome stuff and working to keep it available. I'm way stoked on a lot of AMR's upcoming stuff.

Best part of that list:

JULY 2008:

O PIONEERS!!!

"Neon Creeps" full-length album

I agree.

The Fat Wreck model of "X amount color / rest on black" is ideal.

but even fat has strayed from this. look at lagwagon on 20 different colors. strung out gold and ambers, smoke or fire on clear and opaque blues. hope they settle down and keep the single color from now on.

These were not intentional, it is what the plant sent us. Nor was NUFAN Leche. We have no idea what the breakdown is for the Trashed LP's, but if you find out, let us know!

Skylar, lets switch jobs for a week.

Totally. Mike Park and AMR are pretty awesome.

Virgil, I love you too!

As insane as vinyl is right now I'm glad to see them pressing more awesome stuff and working to keep it available. I'm way stoked on a lot of AMR's upcoming stuff.

I wasn't forgetting Skylar, He was included in the AMR. I know there are only 2 people there currently, but I guess I just meant well the whole AMR family past and present.

but even fat has strayed from this. look at lagwagon on 20 different colors. strung out gold and ambers, smoke or fire on clear and opaque blues. hope they settle down and keep the single color from now on.

These were not intentional, it is what the plant sent us. Nor was NUFAN Leche. We have no idea what the breakdown is for the Trashed LP's, but if you find out, let us know!

Pat let's you and I switch jobs for a week. Then when you come back you can explain all the missing stuff...And the turd in the water cooler.

Sound good?

Pat let's you and I switch jobs for a week. Then when you come back you can explain all the missing stuff...And the turd in the water cooler.

Sound good?

NO. Maybe if you worked at the Tech Museum still so I could check out Sea Monsters on the IMAX.

Apparently people forgot that neither one of these albums are very good, especially compared to their later output. Oh well.

yeah, when compared to their later output. but this stuff stays true to what brendan and chris were doing in the broadways. but that being said, i think it's weird when bands just sort of click and find their sound, coinciding with signing to another label.

it's kinda like lifetime before they signed to jade tree. everything lifetime did before that wasn't very good. the first two lawrence arms albums are pretty good albums in their own right, but its like comparing an ipod touch to a first generation ipod.

Best part of that list:

JULY 2008:

O PIONEERS!!!

"Neon Creeps" full-length album

Don't believe the hype. SHIT WILL BLOW.

yeah, when compared to their later output. but this stuff stays true to what brendan and chris were doing in the broadways. but that being said, i think it's weird when bands just sort of click and find their sound, coinciding with signing to another label.

it's kinda like lifetime before they signed to jade tree. everything lifetime did before that wasn't very good. the first two lawrence arms albums are pretty good albums in their own right, but its like comparing an ipod touch to a first generation ipod.

there first two records are simply amazing, and forsure looked over compared to there last 3 releases