Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

House of Mystery rules! Highly recommended.

It is different from the original series. In the current series the house is somewhere outside of space and time. People show up there, have drinks in the bar area and have to pay for their drinks by telling a story. Characters come and go, but there are a few people who are stuck in the house and are it's caretakers. The the main story focuses on the caretakers and the barroom stories serve as a nice interlude in every issue. It's a very interesting and original comic.

I'm a big fan of the old House of Mystery series too.

My recommendation of the Day : Queen and Country - Operation: Crystal Ball (ONI Press).

I read in the last 2 days Operation: Morningstar; Operation Crystal Ball and Operation Dandelion.

It's all good, but Crystal Ball stand out. The art is top notch, the intrigue (if that's an english word!) is also very good. It's about a spy agency trying to get info and stop terrorist attack around the world. You don't need to read them all to understand a TPB, everything that needs to be known from past story is explain through the book.

Well, I wanted to write a better 'review', but i'm realizing that it would be much easier in french! Sorry all! I hope you'll give Q&C a chance!

Just finished the Chew TPB (issues 1-5). It certainly lived up to the hype. I can't wait for the next trade!

Maybe I should revisit Queen & Country. I was buying it as it came out. I think I have issues 1-15. It was okay at first, but I quickly lost interest. That was eight or nine years ago though so maybe my tastes have evolved.

Just finished the Chew TPB (issues 1-5). It certainly lived up to the hype. I can't wait for the next trade!

Maybe I should revisit Queen & Country. I was buying it as it came out. I think I have issues 1-15. It was okay at first, but I quickly lost interest. That was eight or nine years ago though so maybe my tastes have evolved.

I saw saturday at the Comic book shop the Definitive Edtion, 20$ for the equivalent of 3 tpb. Pretty good price if you ask me! Also, I bought house of mystery tpb #1 and read it today, it was great!

Comic book day tomorrow my pull list is:

NOV090454 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL. 2 #619 GAUNTLET $3.18 1 3.1800 3.18

NOV090125 BATMAN AND ROBIN #7 $3.18 1 3.1800 3.18

NOV090429 CAPTAIN AMERICA REBORN #6 $4.25 1 4.2500 4.25

NOV090374 CHEW #8 $3.18 1 3.1800 3.18

NOV090464 DAREDEVIL VOL. 3 #504 $3.18 1 3.1800 3.18

NOV090478 MS MARVEL #49 $3.18 1 3.1800 3.18

Gravel is by Ellis, and it's pretty good. i couldn't keep up though due to my local stores never getting it in or enough in. as for Crossed, i liked it. pretty much what you'd expect from an Ennis horror story on avatar with no rules/censorship. but i haven't read the last couple issues so not sure how it turns out.

• 4 weeks later...

pulled a first printing of Lost Girls Magazine #2 out of a dollar box at a comic store the yesterday... the guy working there's jaw dropped. i can't find much info on it, but Mile High has it listed for $35 so i'm happy. i also got a complete run of Welcome Back Frank for a buck an issue, which is well worth it. ended up with some sick stuff.