Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week is rather light for me also, and all Vertigo books.

July 2nd

Fables #74

House Of Mystery #3

Northlanders #7

Vinyl Underground #10

Last week was a little bigger.

June 25th

Batman: Gotham After Midnight #2

Captain America #39

Conan the Cimmerian #0

Daredevil #108

Immortal Iron Fist #16

Jack Of Fables #23

Man With No Name #2

Mighty Avengers #15

Project Superpowers #4

Thunderbolts #121

I definitely prefer the "floppy" comics. :)

the great "floppy" debate! There was a thread on Newsarama years ago with thousands of posts about monthly books being called "floppy" it was so silly.

I used to be strictly monthly on books, but I've realized the with the way most writers (Bendis/Kirkman/Johns) and decompression that most things just read better in collection form.

Other than Y the Last man & Sandman I've never read any Vertigo titles in monthly format. Fables, Jack of Fables, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, etc all read so much better as complete arcs.

Kurtz, you're not picking up Morrison's Batman? You're nuts! He may have f'd up Final Crisis (thus far, I've got hope..) but the Batman stuff has been great.

When Morrison first started writing Batman I was buying it, but then I cut back on alot of books I was buying because I was spending too much, and that was one that I dropped. The Joker issue that he wrote that was not really a comic (#663) was the last issue of Batman that I bought. Maybe I'll have to pick up the trades when they come out.

When Morrison first started writing Batman I was buying it, but then I cut back on alot of books I was buying because I was spending too much, and that was one that I dropped. The Joker issue that he wrote that was not really a comic (#663) was the last issue of Batman that I bought. Maybe I'll have to pick up the trades when they come out.

yeah, that issue blew. I appreciate the attempt at being edgy/original, but it wasn't a comic book.

The RIP issues have been fantastic. He's building towards something big.

Dini's 'Tec has been really fun, mostly 1-2 issue arcs.

It also sucks how alot of writers these days seem to be writing for the trade. I think that hurts the monthly comics just as much since it makes them tougher to read sometimes.

I always buy the monthly issues if I can. The wait between issues is part of what I enjoy about the format.

yeah, as much as I love Kirkman/Bendis they write in the "decompression" format that just reads better as trades,

Bendis on Daredevil is the most obvious instance in my eyes.

yeah, that issue blew.

July 2nd

Fables #74

House Of Mystery #3

Northlanders #7

Vinyl Underground #10

June 25th

Captain America #39

Conan the Cimmerian #0

Daredevil #108

Immortal Iron Fist #16

Jack Of Fables #23

Man With No Name #2

Mighty Avengers #15

Project Superpowers #4

Thunderbolts #121

you're missing the boys on your list. northlanders is fucking great. i'm kinda leary about the next arc though, since they are going back in time and doing it with all different characters. i liked sven.

July 2nd

Fables #74

House Of Mystery #3

Northlanders #7

Vinyl Underground #10

June 25th

Captain America #39

Conan the Cimmerian #0

Daredevil #108

Immortal Iron Fist #16

Jack Of Fables #23

Man With No Name #2

Mighty Avengers #15

Project Superpowers #4

Thunderbolts #121

you're missing the boys on your list. northlanders is fucking great. i'm kinda leary about the next arc though, since they are going back in time and doing it with all different characters. i liked sven.

Yeah, Northlanders is great.

I got the first 6 issues of the Boys, but it just didn't do it for me. Did it get better when it went to Dynamite?

If anybody is thinking of picking up Vinyl Underground... don't bother. It's not very good. It has a cool name and a record on every cover, but those are the only good things about it. I don't even know why I'm still buying it. I'll be surprised if it goes 20 issues before being canceled.

I'm pretty stoked about this silver age Daredevil lot I just bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DAREDEVIL-20-33-TOTAL-OF-10-BOOKS-1966_W0QQitemZ230267894076QQihZ013QQcategoryZ32730QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's not an amazing deal, but getting silver age books for less than new comics is always awesome. I am very slowly working on a Daredevil 1st series collection.

jacobe, did you get your Captain America omnibus yet? I hope mine comes tomorrow.

Not yet...I'm hoping for tomorrow as well, I'll let you know. I got mine a day or two before you as well...so I was hoping it to be here by now.

Andrew13 - nice score. I still kick myself for not grabbing the omnibus of Alias (I do have the issues). How did American Virgin end up (is it cancelled?). I've got the first trade and enjoyed it.

it was canceled, and honestly i'm still not 100% sure what happened. they confront the terrorists, then a bomb goes off and Adam either dies or doesn't. from the comic i got the impression he died, but from Steven T. Seagle's interviews on the subject, he said that Adam lives and he wants to pick the series up with another publisher. i think i'm going to try to write Avatar and see if they could pick it up. if they would, pretty much everything i buy would be Avatar stuff.

Alias i haven't read at all yet. but i figured for that cheap i couldn't go wrong. the omnibus is freaking expensive.

Not yet...I'm hoping for tomorrow as well, I'll let you know. I got mine a day or two before you as well...so I was hoping it to be here by now.

Well, damn. I probably won't get mine today then!

mine didn't arrive today either, unless my mail is running really really late today (fingers crossed).

That is a pretty sick mail day! On payday I'm ordering Absolute Long Halloween and Dark Knight Returns as well as Hellboy Library Binding Vol. 1!

Today I read through Orbiter. It wasn't exactly what I expected, but it was fucking great anyway! I definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already!

AND I just won a sealed hardcover original release of Arkham Asylum for $24! Stoked!