Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this earlier and jumped on it. I've got the issues already, but the omnibus editions are so fucking nice. It's also about 1/3 of the cover price.

Not sure how to "link" it withouth it breaking up, but it's EBAY item number: 310062191851

Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus, Vol. 1

[image]

I have no local comic shop anymore, so I have a subscription service with an online store. I get 10% off and free shipping. My bill is usually $70-80 a month.

When my local shop was still open, there was a dude who would spend around $100 every week. It was unbelievable how many books he was buying.

i picked up Chronicles of Wormwood and Ministry of Space TPBs yesterday at the local store, along with the new T-Bolts and No Heroes #0

Ministry of Space was a great book. It sucked having to wait 3 years for the 3rd issue to come out though.

I came across this earlier and jumped on it. I've got the issues already, but the omnibus editions are so fucking nice. It's also about 1/3 of the cover price.

Not sure how to "link" it withouth it breaking up, but it's EBAY item number: 310062191851

Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus, Vol. 1

[image]

Holy SHIT! Nice find! Picked it up as well. I was planning on doing so next paycheck, but I can't pass up that price.

I was following One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, and Berserk for a long time (no internet at home now). Berserk is amazing, the artwork is totally stunning. I just wish he made enough money to have more assistants to publish it more frequently. That might detract from the artwork though. I also really like Tsutomo Nihei, that guy is another amazing artist.

Guest falloutcollapse

I tried to get into comics but there is no store around here that really sells them. But I have these so if anyone wants them, I'll sell them for a few bucks:

House of M - 1/8

Ultimate Xmen - Cable Part 2 - Issue 76

Astonishing Xmen - 1

Daredevil vs. Punisher - 1

Batman & Robin: The Boy Wonder - 1

Spiderman House of M - 3/5

Spirderman House of M - 1/5

and tons of 90's Superman comics. Get at them if you want them.

Did anyone pick up the first installment of "Old Man Logan" this week?

It looks pretty out there, but it might be a cool read. Plus, Steve McNiven is quite possibly the best artist in comics right now.

Also, as embarrassing as it is, has anyone read "Umbrella Academy", the comic that Gerard Way wrote? I actually totally dug it. I downloaded the issues and the TPB just came out this week so I bought it.

Did anyone pick up the first installment of "Old Man Logan" this week?

It looks pretty out there, but it might be a cool read. Plus, Steve McNiven is quite possibly the best artist in comics right now.

^This is on my pull list, but I only get my comics once a month so I have not gotten it yet. I'm looking forward to it though. McNiven is a good artist. Not one of my favorites, but always solid.

I just reread Spider-man: Reign. That is a really good book that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread yet. I recommend you guys pick it up if you don't have it.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=16780

this looks good. i ordered both copies of #0 plus reserved the 1:15 cover too. i'm a huge ennis fanboy, so i can't wait for it. issue #1 has a super sweet hand drawn sketch version for $70... just not sure if i can bring myself to spending that or not.

Also, as embarrassing as it is, has anyone read "Umbrella Academy", the comic that Gerard Way wrote? I actually totally dug it. I downloaded the issues and the TPB just came out this week so I bought it.

I got the first issue from Free Comic Day and enjoyed it. Waiting on the HC to purchase.