Good Charlotte - The Young and The Hopeless - Black Variant

Hey guys, I'm trying to find some information about a variant of The Young And The Hopeless I have. It's a gatefold sleeve with an insert with a black vinyl. As far as I'm ware the Hot topic pressing is on black, but not gatefold (Although I might be wrong on that)

Any idea on pressing info or anything like that?

Cheers!

1 minute ago, Shlebs said:

You should find any info about shitty records here: 

I see what you did there!

OP, using discogs I've learned that the first shitty pressing of this in 2014 on black and some other color were a gatefold with an insert, the second shittier pressing from 2016 was not gatefold and had no insert. 

1 minute ago, dantheriver said:

I see what you did there!

OP, using discogs I've learned that the first shitty pressing of this in 2014 on black and some other color were a gatefold with an insert, the second shittier pressing from 2016 was not gatefold and had no insert. 

I checked discogs, as far as I saw the first pressing was on maroon and green swirl with a gatefold and insert. Back variant was hottopic but didn't state a gatefold and was also stated as a second pressing.

Edited by eynonjacob

Having found information from ETR and Travis, it seems that the second press information on the HT variant is incorrect.

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/products/15960729-good-charlotte-the-young-and-the-hopeless-2nd-pressing

As for gatefold, there are two options. Either the HT variant is a gatefold and it doesn't say so on Discogs (possibly because the first press were all gatefolds and so someone didn't see it as being useful information or equally possibly someone just didn't think to include it. The lack of images points to the second IMO), or you have a special gatefold black variant that is yet to make it to Discogs, here (and a significant percentage of people here are into just that kind of music) or anywhere else. I know what I think is most likely.

4 minutes ago, ExtraFox said:

Having found information from ETR and Travis, it seems that the second press information on the HT variant is incorrect.

http://enjoytheride.storenvy.com/products/15960729-good-charlotte-the-young-and-the-hopeless-2nd-pressing

As for gatefold, there are two options. Either the HT variant is a gatefold and it doesn't say so on Discogs (possibly because the first press were all gatefolds and so someone didn't see it as being useful information or equally possibly someone just didn't think to include it. The lack of images points to the second IMO), or you have a special gatefold black variant that is yet to make it to Discogs, here (and a significant percentage of people here are into just that kind of music) or anywhere else. I know what I think is most likely.

I'm pretty much with you on that one, just wanted to make sure!