Random VC comment...

jhulud

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 times out of 10 she's wrong, but you can't fault her for trying.

I think that right there is what's important...like you said, she's trying and putting forth the effort to be involved in your hobby and passion. That's awesome!

Yeah, that's pretty cute. My lady has bought me really awesome records as gifts without even having to ask what I might want. So great.

since the girlfriend is just that for now and we don't share funds i can pretty much tell her to take off if she gets huffy about the records.

our finances are still pretty separate after about six years, but we do share the cost on a lot of things. enough for her to be "concerned."

she loves going to shows, playing guitar hero, eating sushi and buffalo wings, could probably out drink me, and despite my nonsense and tomfoolery she continues to encourage it all.

we're not dating the same woman are we?

and as much as jenny gives me the gears for ordering so many packages, she's also quick to admit that she would have pretty much NO taste in music whatsoever. everything that is remotely awesome that she's ever listened to is because i told her to.

she loves going to shows, playing guitar hero, eating sushi and buffalo wings, could probably out drink me, and despite my nonsense and tomfoolery she continues to encourage it all.

and as much as jenny gives me the gears for ordering so many packages, she's also quick to admit that she would have pretty much NO taste in music whatsoever. everything that is remotely awesome that she's ever listened to is because i told her to.

that would suck a bit for me.. my girlfriend has very eclectic music tastes and we both absolutely love music in general... I love that she won't change her mind for me if she doesn't like something, and how even though we don't agree on some bands/genres, we have a lot of common tastes

i don't. unless it's someplace devoid of all sound. that way no one can hear her if for some reason she decides to interject -- "man that one cky album was awesome. right?"

i'd hate for someone to hear me yell at her.

That's the way to do it, bro. Keep that shit on lockdown. I'd advise keeping a tazer on your person at all times, though, in case of emergency:

Random person: "What kind of music are you into?"

Your girl: "Oh, I really love CK*TAZED*vmdsfrekjnb!@#"

Random person: "What was she trying to say?"

You: "I'm not really sure, but I KNOW it wasn't something monumentally shitty like CKY!"

i don't. unless it's someplace devoid of all sound. that way no one can hear her if for some reason she decides to interject -- "man that one cky album was awesome. right?"

i'd hate for someone to hear me yell at her.

That's the way to do it, bro. Keep that shit on lockdown. I'd advise keeping a tazer on your person at all times, though, in case of emergency:

Random person: "What kind of music are you into?"

Your girl: "Oh, I really love CK*TAZED*vmdsfrekjnb!@#"

Random person: "What was she trying to say?"

You: "I'm not really sure, but I KNOW it wasn't something monumentally shitty like CKY!"

ahahahahahahaha

+1

fine work there my good man.

Guest falloutcollapse
My girlfriend loves watching the record spin. I don't know why, but I like it too sometimes.

"watching the record spin" = code word for blowjays?

Uh...no.

She loved that Cobra Starship CD though. I think it's god-awful.

Guest falloutcollapse

Uh...no.

She loved that Cobra Starship CD though. I think it's god-awful.

I think those are probably still "gross" to him, Scott. Give him a year.

hahahaha

my girlfriend thinks its cool that I buy vinyl but she can't stand it when I buy cds on a whim that I havent listened to in full. I have pretty much made the switch to exclusively buying vinyl now so it doesnt matter anyway. she tries to buy lps for me but she has a hard time knowing which ones i have and such but i love her for trying every now and again.

My girlfriend only kind of cares. I always show her when I get a new one bacause I'm excited about it. Usually she doesn't like the music but she'll say if she thinks it's pretty looking or whatever. Sometimes I talk about it way to much and she's just like "I don't know anything about vinyl so whatever"

haha as awkward as that would be id just be more impressed than anything. thats some serious multi-tasking.