cheapest company to fly with?

i just booked my flight from ca to ny for aug for $300 after taxes through priceline on american. the airlines that seemed to be the cheapest were american, continental, and delta. try some of these websites to look at flights ultimatefares.com, kayak.com, sidestep.com, priceline, and travelocity.

Try JetBlue, they have new service to New Yawk and I believe its decently priced. If your times and such are really flexible try going with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelolcity, etc and bargaining for a price.

lately, I find that it's cheaper to go directly through the airline's website. I will use those sites to find the 2 or 3 cheapest flights and then check directly through the airline.

Spirit cutting services out of Detroit has been killing me. Especially because I want to go to Boston in a week and they used to have a direct flight :(

I use Airtran and can usually get a one-way flight for under $100. Just gotta look out for their web specials or whatever. Richmond to ATL was $99 with taxes, Baltimore to ATL was about the same, and my tickets to and from Philly are around $110.

When I head to NYC in a week and a half I'm going AirTran.