Best breakups ever

In an honest attempt to help ronniethebear out some more, I thought there should be a thread with positive breakup stories, probably along the lines of "this girl strung me along for a few months and dumped me and two months later she was pregnant by an abusive meth addict" or "the songs I wrote about my divorce got me signed to Sire" or whatever. Breakups are tough but there are always blessings in disguise.

went on vacation with my family and my best friend fucked my girl. come home, found out, got pissed and then fucked his ex that he was still in love with. and the best part was i didnt have to do anything, she jumped my bones at a xmas party.

then we both ditched the girls and became friends again.

Oh, those crazy high school days.

Now, i have been with my old lady for about 7 years. so im sure we will be getting hitched sometime soon.

A high school girlfriend cheated on me, so when i dumped her I called her mom to explain that I was sorry to break up with her daughter but AID and HIV have a six month incubation period before you can tell if someone has it and I wasn't gonna fuck the possible money from outbreak while waiting it out just because I liked her fam.

That chick still screams at me when she sees me on the streets.

In a very unlike me state-of-mind, I think all my break ups no matter how shitty they have been, I still see them as the best that could have happened. I have been able to learn more about myself and realize the mistakes that I was making while in those relationships. I have become a better person because of them.

This is weird to say since I'm normally Mr. Negativity and Misanthropy Pure 99.9% of the time.

A girl I dated for over a year broke up with me over the phone because I was in Syracuse, and after bickering for probably another year (we have a lot of mutual friends so kept in contact) she started dating someone else. I stopped talking to her and about 6 months later, I'm good friends with her boyfriend who has lived here every summer since, and me and her are actually really close friends now. Last night we walked back from the bar and it was just honest good fun running around town with her.

In a very unlike me state-of-mind, I think all my break ups no matter how shitty they have been, I still see them as the best that could have happened. I have been able to learn more about myself and realize the mistakes that I was making while in those relationships. I have become a better person because of them.

This is weird to say since I'm normally Mr. Negativity and Misanthropy Pure 99.9% of the time.

same here. I learned don't date 18 year olds when you're 30.

the first girl i ever had sex with wound up fucking my best friend, so i dumped her and was pretty bummed out from the bus stop to work. anyway, a year later, she met a guy was going to marry her, and 2 days before the wedding he called to postpone it and say he wasn't in love with her anymore and dumped her... talk about karma. Best news i heard in years. To this day i still don't know why he did that though, but it was a funny story nonetheless.

then i see her a few months later and find out she's a borderline alcoholic and is pretty chubby. awesome.

This reminds me.

First girl I ever dated (and slept with) apparently cheated on me, but to this day denies it. Last time I ran into her I found out that she's fat and only dates alcoholics now.

So there was this girl I dated in college for a little while that ended up being very insane. We went out a few times, no real chemistry. No biggie. We still IMed from time to time to say hey and swap music. Then she started asking me for a lot of help on her papers. Like, basically helping her write half of them. Me being stuck in the "I'm-a get me some poon outta this!" clould that seems to afflict most guys I know, I helped. Didn't get anything out of it, and then she disappeared for a while. (When she came back into the picture she cussed me out for not calling her anymore, even though I called her three times and left messages before giving up and moving on, so that shoulda been sign #1 for me.)

Popped up about two months later sobbing about this guy that she was in love with and who had very explicitly told her he didn't love her and didn't want anything to do with him. Total skinny junkie-chic hipster Strokes dude, so not too surprising. But she thought she was pregnant with his kid. She started IMing and calling me frantically every night, talking about she hated and loved and hated people telling her to move on or at least tell him to pay up for this baby one way or another. She also kept threatening suicide the way someone dramatic does for attention. I finally told her if she had her heart set on it, she should go ahead and do it and save me on the phone bill. She started screaming at me and saying all kinds of awful racist things, and hung up. Didn't hear from her again for years, although I've recently started seeing her screename pop up every now and again on AIM, so at at least I was right about her intentions.