Run For Cover Records???

Has anyone on here ordered directly from Run For Cover Records before? I ordered an LP and 7" a couple months back... a month ago I emailed asking what the status of the order was to find out the 7" was a pre-order... even though it wasn't listed on the website as such. I asked to substitute the pre-order with another 7" and I got a response saying OK and later that day got an email saying my order has been shipped. I selected priority shipping and still haven't seen it. I emailed them again late last week to see if maybe they shipped via media mail by accident. Still no response. Just wanted to see if anyone else on here has had a similar experience with them or not.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a similar experience, ordered This is Hell and Sinking Ships 7-inches, both of which were in stock. Then heard nothing for a month, so I e-mailed back the address on the paypal order, the confirmation e-mail, and the website's contact and help e-mails. Nothing from that until I took out a paypal claim. Like 4 days later Jeff e-mailed me and said he was busy with Fireworks pre-orders, but then never got a shipping notice, and still have nothing in the mail. When he e-mailed me back I ceased the paypal claim, so I'm shit out of luck on that one, but at least is was only $12.

Im still waiting on my Fireworks/ this time next year package

but im not sure if these have been shipped yet

I have had problems in the past with them though and still owed a DING cd

also alot of people in Australia have had problems with Run For Cover

there was a thread made on a local forum here about them

i ordered 2 shirts, hoodie and a 7" before and didn't get them for almost 8 months. Jeff said the problem was the webstore said they were all instock when they actually weren't. When I finally got my order I didn't even get the 7", bummer. Jeff is still backed though he is one dude doing alot of things. Everyone is still waiting for the Fireworks 7" because there was a mess up at the plant I believe.

Guest vito

shitty distro that i won't be ordering from again. i bought a rise and fall 7" from them months ago and after about a month of nothing, i emailed the guy and asked if i could just get a refund. a few days later i got an email saying he was sorry and that he already shipped it out the day before and threw in a free 7" for my trouble. another month passes by and nothing. finally, about two weeks ago, it shows up. no free 7" and it was post-marked 5 days before. i don't understand why he lied to me about it.

Guest genericinsight
I ordered the This is Hell 7" in December 2006 and received it February 2008 but with a free 7". 14 months but it arrived safely. i felt like i knew him when it finally arrived because we sent like 20 emails to each other. he seems like a good dude though, just busy.

g

So busy that it took him14 months? I mean, I'm glad you eventually got the record but still... that's a bit rough.

• 2 weeks later...