Pre-order: HEAVENS “Patent Pending” LP #d of 100

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

HEAVENS “Patent Pending” LP (hand #’d out of 100 copies)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/heavensppv?

Ever since hearing about this release on our message board, I have been bugging Joe of Heavens to allow us to buy some copies for Vinyl Collective. Joe was kind enough to respond, but he was apprehensive about having us carry copies. I waited. Then I saw the thread pop up again in our message board and wrote Joe again. As luck would have it, I caught him at the perfect time. He had just received copies of the record and the pressing plant had pressed a little more than the thousand he had ordered. He asked if I would be into taking 100 copies that would be specifically hand-numbered for Vinyl Collective and to that, I said, “Doe a Bear Shit in the Woods?” I am stoked to be able to offer this release and know that this will be a highly coveted record as I imagine it will soon be out of print.

I expect to receive copies sometime next week and hope to have a photo up on the site soon (as the art on the vinyl is supposedly different than the cd art).

w00t! good thing i never bought from the trainwreck preorder

It wasn't THAT bad...just frustrating because it took a looooooooooong time to finally get pressed and ready to be out. That's really it.

The guy was doing the whole thing very DIY anyways...it can't be 100% smooth and on time. But it is nice that Virgil was able to get some.

Guest scriptedrain

Clarification:

1,000 Total Pressed

100 Given to VC and #d Out of 100

900 Sold Through Their Preorder #d out of 900

...? I'm just not understanding the double # situation. Any help?

Clarification:

1,000 Total Pressed

When you press record you often end-up with overage. I think, from what I read, the VC copies are that overage. So think there will actually be more than 1000 copies in print.

Clarification:

1,000 Total Pressed

Apparently, it's more like 1,100 (or so) pressed

"the pressing plant had pressed a little more than the thousand he had ordered. He asked if I would be into taking 100 copies that would be specifically hand-numbered for Vinyl Collective"

Guest scriptedrain

Oh ok. So:

1,000 Copies Available Through Their Preorder (#d out of 1000)

100 Copies Available Through VC (#d out of 100)

...? I'm cool with whatever ends up happening, I just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. For the record, I would've ordered from Virgil had I know he was getting some, but considering the preorder went up in July, I figured these things would've been long gone by now.