All this GASLIGHT ANTHEM talk...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love em. I like Avail too. I don't really care if they thanked Jesus or whatnot. Sure, it's kinda cheesy, but they seem like pretty good guys. Both times I've seen them live, they've been absolutely incredible.

did i miss something. i love avail, and i have not listened to a single note of gaslight. is there a connection somewhere i missed?

I love em. I like Avail too. I don't really care if they thanked Jesus or whatnot. Sure, it's kinda cheesy, but they seem like pretty good guys. Both times I've seen them live, they've been absolutely incredible.

did i miss something. i love avail, and i have not listened to a single note of gaslight. is there a connection somewhere i missed?

I think Avail has sort of a Southern punk feel to it (maybe it's juust me and I'm crazy) and Gaslight seems to have the same kind of feeling to it.

Oh and seriously, who cares if everyone likes a band that you don't get?

I don't understand why people love the Misfits, they are like the KISS of punk rock.

sink or swim:

1st press black /100

1st press red/white /500

1st euro press clear blue /500

2nd press clear red /500

2nd euro press white /500

3rd press ????? /2000 (unreleased)

senor and the queen

1st press white /100 2x7"

1st press red /500 2x7"

1st press black /???? 2x7"

1st euro press black /500 10"

2nd press clear /???? (unreleased) 2x7"

I think Avail has sort of a Southern punk feel to it (maybe it's juust me and I'm crazy) and Gaslight seems to have the same kind of feeling to it.

Oh and seriously, who cares if everyone likes a band that you don't get?

I don't understand why people love the Misfits, they are like the KISS of punk rock.

misfits > kiss

Guest genericinsight
I still don't get the connection between Gaslight being overhyped or whatnot and the fact that they thank higher beings in their liner notes.

I honestly think that part was a joke because a few months ago, a guy on here made a big stink because Brian Fallon (Gaslight's vocalist) thanked Jesus Christ in his personal thank you list in the Senor and the Queen liner notes.

I look at it like this...Glenn Danzig is an openly racist dude. But I love the Misfits and I'm completely against racism.

TGA dudes are openly Christians, and I don't believe in fairly tales. I like TGA, even though I think the CONSTANT line/harmony stealing/references get old and get annoying quite quickly...but I think what they do musically is pretty cool and after seeing them live, Brian has a cool/goofy stage presence that I like how he makes their songs different in that setting.

I look at it like this...Glenn Danzig is an openly racist dude. But I love the Misfits and I'm completely against racism.

TGA dudes are openly Christians, and I don't believe in fairly tales. I like TGA, even though I think the CONSTANT line/harmony stealing/references get old and get annoying quite quickly...but I think what they do musically is pretty cool and after seeing them live, Brian has a cool/goofy stage presence that I like how he makes their songs different in that setting.

They really do have a fun stage presence.