Post Pics of your Setup (Turntable + Speakers)

corbet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have any experience with one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-Turnt....5237968& sr=1-1

running off of a POS portable turntable i got on sale at urban outfitters for $25, and some crappy dell pc speakers, but i just bought some decent boston acoustic speakers off of woot, so hopefully those will be decent.

After researching both the Numark and the Ion, I discovered that Numark makes the Ion. The Ion is a cheaper version of the Numark. The Numark is the better of the two.

Numark

Metal platter

Pitch control

Ion

Plastic platter

No pitch control

I was going to order the Numark for myself, but Amazon.com does not ship the turntable to Canada, and Amazon.ca does not stock it. I'm getting the Ion for Christmas so I can replace my 1986 called and they want the double tape deck turntable combo unit that sounds like shit!

I'm pretty sure that you won't find the Numark for cheaper anywhere then on Amazon.com!

I got the Numark TTUSB a couple months ago ($160 at, (cough cough), Guitar Center) and really like it. The software is a little tough to get used to, and it collects dust without a cover, but those are the only complaints I have.

Eventually i'll probably get a better cartridge, but right now it sounds as good as anything i've heard through my crappy Sony.

anyone have any experience with one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Numark-TTUSB-Turnt....5237968& sr=1-1

running off of a POS portable turntable i got on sale at urban outfitters for $25, and some crappy dell pc speakers, but i just bought some decent boston acoustic speakers off of woot, so hopefully those will be decent.

After researching both the Numark and the Ion, I discovered that Numark makes the Ion. The Ion is a cheaper version of the Numark. The Numark is the better of the two.

Numark

Metal platter

Pitch control

Ion

Plastic platter

No pitch control

I was going to order the Numark for myself, but Amazon.com does not ship the turntable to Canada, and Amazon.ca does not stock it. I'm getting the Ion for Christmas so I can replace my 1986 called and they want the double tape deck turntable combo unit that sounds like shit!

I'm pretty sure that you won't find the Numark for cheaper anywhere then on Amazon.com!

http://www.axemusic.com/ for us canadians. i've never ordered from them but they have decent prices.

How does having the dust cover closed have any effect on the sound? I cannot hear any difference between open and closed.

i think it sounds worse open because i can hear the tinny little sound coming off the needle mixed in with the part you're supposed to hear coming out of the speakers.

[image]

rega p-1

never close while playing. makes it sound dull

the only set back is that the dust cover is unstable, and will slam onto the table itself. it is balanced on 3 legs, as well. i close the dust cover to prevent it slamming, possibly breaking, making a loud noise (lightly closing the cover makes a rumble), blowing out my speakers, and ruining my life.

• 2 weeks later...