3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I gotcha’.

Newest tallies; 50 minutes to go.  Lock in your variants now or scour Discogs later.

Butcha – /150

Omik11303 – /100

Derek™ – /150

KyleHussaLietz – /100

sewnmouth – TBD

EquinoxDesignLab – /150 + LY repress.

elvismcvegas – /150 + LY repress.

Thanks!

Do you know the cost yet?

7 minutes ago, KyleHussaLietz said:

Thanks!

Do you know the cost yet?

Label shared this with me last week:

/150 edition (that's the one we distro too) for 31.99 €, then a /100 for 32.99 €. These are the ones that you can do a group buy with (plus the one I mentioned above for 21.99 €). The deluxe edition will cost 114.99 € and weighs around 1.2kg all in all.

So for those unfamiliar, before we can place the order, I’ll need to be Paypal’d the cost of whichever variant you’re buying + whatever shipping costs it takes to get all those to my place, divided by X, where X is the number of participants + $3.50 Media Mail, from my place in California to wherever you’re at in the U.S.

For those of you ordering just the /150, you can probably get that straight from A1KA for very similar costs, but you’re doing the rest of the crew a solid by participating in the group-buy.  That’s the boat I’m in, myself.  Reminder that Elusive will ship their allotment to A1KA and my address at around the same time, so there is hardly any delay between us.

Would prefer those that’ve commented on the /150, so far, to stick with our Elusive Group buy if possible.  Really trying to avoid any last-second adjustments or ending up with an extra copy when it’s all said and done.  I have ample mailers and I’m going to be printing out everyone’s addresses — really not too much extra work on my end, I don’t mind at all.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

We’re locked in.  Everyone who submitted a request for the group-buy have their variant(s) reserved.  Elusive will be sending out an invoice tomorrow for our totals.  The best part is that these ship out as soon as we coordinate our group’s payment.

Awesome! Thanks man. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

@sewnmouth: please confirm your preferred variant.  If I don’t hear from you shortly, I’m going to pencil in a /100 just to make it worth your while and keep the total order varied for potential swaps, etc.

/100 is perfect. Thanks so much!

Edited by sewnmouth
Adding thanks

2 minutes ago, elvismcvegas said:

Thanks again. This was perfect. No worrying about being sold out or missing the window.

1 minute ago, sewnmouth said:

/100 is perfect. Thanks so much!

The joys of the group buy.  Really nice to not play the refresh game or worry about such limited quantities selling out too quickly.

I believe November 1st is the cutoff for payment but I’m all for being proactive and getting them a payment this week, promptly, so we can get the ball rolling and our copies distributed.  By the time it takes them to arrive, I should easily be able to get everyone’s address and stage their mailers.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

The joys of the group buy.  Really nice to not play the refresh game or worry about such limited quantities selling out too quickly.

Nicely done, and you hit the nail on the head.  Supporting a good label, securing variants ahead of time, and less headache :)

Glad to have you in the bullpen for this one, as life has thrown yet another curveball in the form of a possible herniated disc in my back - i'm glad you were able to make it all work, and this seems to have gone exactly as all mine have gone! 

A little update for you guys as of this morning.

You are in the 10kg tier, which means postage is 70 €.  So the tally is like this:

3x /100 - 32.99 € = 98.97

4x /150 - 31.99 € = 127.96

2x RP - 21.99 € = 43.98

Shipping: 70 €

Total: 340.91 €

Please calculate this again on your end, so we end up with the same numbers   Package is ready to go

So once I do the actual currency conversion later, I’ll need the cost of each of your orders - the bold bits, depending on which variant(s) you ordered - on top of €10, and then $3.50 for domestic Media Mail.  Seems straightforward enough.  I didn’t look at what the total PPD was through A1KA, but this doesn’t seem too cost effective at the moment.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Too late to fuck with it now, I think we all knew this was going to be a dent to the wallet but definitely worth it.  Will be collecting addresses and payments shortly.

37 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

That shipping cost is brutal. Too late now, I suppose. I’m sure I won’t mind as much when I have it in-hand but I cringed inwardly as I was adding up the totals.

Agreed.  Shame that so many people (myself included) went with just the /150.  Almost could’ve done a group-buy from A1KA, if that’s even a thing.  Oh well.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Agreed.  Shame that so many people (myself included) went with just the /150.  Almost could’ve done a group-buy from A1KA, if that’s even a thing.  Oh well.

Those guys only get a limited supply, so it may still have been beneficial - their price was $38, and they're gone already too.  In my mind, part of the premium price of Elusive is the guarantee of records when their demand is so bonkers. 

Thanks for spearheading this Derek.  Much appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

No problem, glad to step up.  Having our order dialed in and guaranteed 2 hours before they even went live is worth the few extra bucks over A1KA.  I also don’t mind driving down the costs for others.  Shame international shipping is steeper than it’s ever been.

Yeah, that's kind of why i stepped up to do all the work the past dozen times or whatever it was, to help me save like $8 on Euro shipping haha.  Plus it helps guaranteeing variants.  Surprised you didn't go for the Deluxe dude!  I sprang for it.....  my bank account isn't happy. 

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah, that's kind of why i stepped up to do all the work the past dozen times or whatever it was, to help me save like $8 on Euro shipping haha.  Plus it helps guaranteeing variants.  Surprised you didn't go for the Deluxe dude!  I sprang for it.....  my bank account isn't happy. 

I had it in my cart but I couldn’t pull the trigger on it. I got very close but I held back. 

5 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I would have, if I wasn't trying to prune unnecessary spending in preparation for a move in the coming weeks.  I have no doubt the quality of that thing will be awesome, but $140+ for a single LP is the epitome of unnecessary spending at the moment.  You'll have to let us know how it delivers.