Ben Conoley Sale!

dante3000

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually to turn around and sell off a bunch of stuff that you got like a week ago, that is really rare/worth alot that some bloke was nice enough to GIVE to you is really whats fucking lame here

No matter what bullshit reason you give for selling them...

I paid for the Lawrence Arms records when I ordered them online (same as everyone else) they were not given to me.

And unfortunately, the way property works is once it's in the hands of a new owner they can do with it what they want. I can see why someone would be bummed about that but look at the number of test Mike has sold. He doesn't value them and after talking with him neither do Alkaline Trio. The only loss for Mike is the possible gained income from the eventual sale of it himself. If you feel that's a poor move on my part, you're welcome to your opinion but it's that's about all it is.

I was wondering about that test as well, it doesn't have any impact on my life by any means so I'm not complaining/care, but I was a bit surprised you were selling it, even for the reasoning you are.

It works out for Ben though as I'm sure that alone will pay a nice chunk of his ticket.

Actually to turn around and sell off a bunch of stuff that you got like a week ago, that is really rare/worth alot that some bloke was nice enough to GIVE to you is really whats fucking lame here

No matter what bullshit reason you give for selling them...

I paid for the Lawrence Arms records when I ordered them online (same as everyone else) they were not given to me.

And unfortunately, the way property works is once it's in the hands of a new owner they can do with it what they want. I can see why someone would be bummed about that but look at the number of test Mike has sold. He doesn't value them and after talking with him neither do Alkaline Trio. The only loss for Mike is the possible gained income from the eventual sale of it himself. If you feel that's a poor move on my part, you're welcome to your opinion but it's that's about all it is.

They were not given to you sure, but you did take the two rarest ones only to chuck them on Ebay a week later did you not?

I don't care how many test's mike has sold or on the scale of 1 to 10 how much alk3 care for them.

The fact of the matter is some guy did something really nice by you and given you a really sweet gift and you have turned around less than a week later to sell it on Ebay for profit?

it's lame and if i was Mike Park i wouldn't let you help out again

it's almost like you have taken advantage of him and your position of helping out by selling these.

They were not given to you sure, but you did take the two rarest ones only to chuck them on Ebay a week later did you not?

I don't care how many test's mike has sold or on the scale of 1 to 10 how much alk3 care for them.

The fact of the matter is some guy did something really nice by you and given you a really sweet gift and you have turned around less than a week later to sell it on Ebay for profit?

it's almost like you have taken advantage of him and your position of helping out by selling these.

Wait...Australia? you're not, by chance, the same guy you messaged me and asked me to take it down and sell it to you, are you? They were from New South Wales too. Because that would be a little funny.

Anyhow, listen, I'm sorry you're bummed out that I'm selling these records for profit. Fact is Mike got the same amount of money if I bought and sold them or if someone else did. I volunteered my time to pack them and Mike let me do that as a "thank you". Now while that's cool, personally, I'd rather have the money from these and I'll buy the repress (giving more money back to Mike). I'm not an Arms collector, I merely volunteered to help out. If he decides my actions are too rude and decides not to let me help again, I would be let down but that would be his choice.

However, if you're just bummed I wouldn't take it down and sell it to you, you're being insanely petty and need to relax.

I was there when dante helped pack the Arms records. Mike was super cool about giving us the tests, and we gracefully accepted them (I mean, would YOU really turn down a free Trio test?). my buddy and I (who has the other double screened Guided Tour cover) drove an hour and 20 minutes just to help out, not really expecting anything. it was awesome that Mike hooked us up. he hooked us up beyond any of our wildest expectations. but dante is right regarding property. Maybe Mike will find it lame, maybe he'll be quite disappointed, but it's what happens, and it's the way things just work. i feel that dante is doing it for a good reason. he's helping out one of his good buddies, and honestly, it just kind of goes to show what kinds of friendships can be made over a goddamn vinyl mesageboard, and how much having a good time with your good friends matters more than a slab of wax.

he's helping out one of his good buddies, and honestly, it just kind of goes to show what kinds of friendships can be made over a goddamn vinyl mesageboard, and how much having a good time with your good friends matters more than a slab of wax.

So true.

I would have kept it just cause Mike Park gave it to me, but I'm a nerd and again I think this is a really cool thing to do for a friend, so it doesn't bug me.

he's helping out one of his good buddies, and honestly, it just kind of goes to show what kinds of friendships can be made over a goddamn vinyl mesageboard, and how much having a good time with your good friends matters more than a slab of wax.

So true.

I would have kept it just cause Mike Park gave it to me, but I'm a nerd and again I think this is a really cool thing to do for a friend, so it doesn't bug me.

totally. you guys don't really have to worry about me selling my test press any time soon!

So I just talked to Mike and here's the deal. He is a bit bummed that I'm selling the test. Only because he knew it was worth a lot when he gave it to me. However, he is not asking me to take any of the sale items down (even though I told him I would, without hesitation). So they will remain up and for sale unless Mike asks otherwise.

In return Mike is not barring me from helping again but instead asking me to help with the packing of the next Lawrence Arms shipment. And this time I will not take rare/variants to sell as it clearly gets kids panties in a bunch.

So bid with confidence knowing Mike Park is alright with this.

Good, looking forward to getting TLA record!!! ;D

Dante thanks again, you are indeed a good guy! i dont know anyone that would sell so many gems to help a buddy out. I would be lucky if someone lent me money to cover my lunch much less help fund a trip to the fest.

Sucks you are getting shit for this, i truly think this is a great thing and im kinda in shock that you are selling some of these items.

Good for you +1