MLB Discussion

Traded alex wood for Cruz at the draft. Ended up with Fister to replace, who I liked more than any OF still on the board. Cruz being a DH should help him to stay healthy as well (although you never know how a guy will respond to that).

Foster obviously not a K per inning guy but I need him to do better than last year. 200 innings and 160-170 Ks would be amazing. It's not that far of a stretch. Walk year, too.

Hope you don't mind another fantasy post, seems like most guys play and since we are still out of season there isn't much else. Anyway, I have a keeper draft tonight and I've kept no one. I'll have picks 1, 2, 5, 8 from the group below. Curious to get any thoughts from you guys! Most top-tier pitchers are owned, so I'll have to wait for trade for an upper tier SP I think.

Carlos Gomez

Adrian Beltre

Michael Brantley

Buster Posey

Bryce Harper

Starling Marte

Jose Reyes

George Springer

Victor Martinez

Albert Pujols

Carlos Gonzalez

Adrian Gonzalez

Ian Kinsler

Matt Kemp

Prince Fielder

SPs

Jon Lester

Jordan Zimmermann

Jeff Samardzija

Sonny Gray

Julio Teheran

Adam Wainwright

James Shields

Gerrit Cole

Gio Gonzalez

Tyson Ross

That is the top handful from ESPN Top Projections that are available. Thanks dudes.

Hope you don't mind another fantasy post, seems like most guys play and since we are still out of season there isn't much else. Anyway, I have a keeper draft tonight and I've kept no one. I'll have picks 1, 2, 5, 8 from the group below. Curious to get any thoughts from you guys! Most top-tier pitchers are owned, so I'll have to wait for trade for an upper tier SP I think.

Carlos Gomez

Adrian Beltre

Michael Brantley

Buster Posey

Bryce Harper

Starling Marte

Jose Reyes

George Springer

Victor Martinez

Albert Pujols

Carlos Gonzalez

Adrian Gonzalez

Ian Kinsler

Matt Kemp

Prince Fielder

SPs

Jon Lester

Jordan Zimmermann

Jeff Samardzija

Sonny Gray

Julio Teheran

Adam Wainwright

James Shields

Gerrit Cole

Gio Gonzalez

Tyson Ross

That is the top handful from ESPN Top Projections that are available. Thanks dudes.

without knowing your scoring structure... how far away is your 5th pick?  I mean, you could load up on pitchers easily... Zimmerman, Wainwright, Cole and Gonzalez could carry you an entire season.  But you can always find good pitching later in a draft.  

Carlos Gomez

Adrian Beltre

Michael Brantley

Buster Posey

Bryce Harper

Starling Marte

Jose Reyes

George Springer

Victor Martinez

Albert Pujols

Carlos Gonzalez

Adrian Gonzalez

Ian Kinsler

Matt Kemp

Prince Fielder

SPs

Jon Lester

Jordan Zimmermann

Jeff Samardzija

Sonny Gray

Julio Teheran

Adam Wainwright

James Shields

Gerrit Cole

Gio Gonzalez

Tyson Ross

I'm a big fan of Springer in keeper leagues.  My two keeper leagues I have him and couldn't be happier.  However, I play OBP leagues.  Springers never going to have a great BA so if you are in a league that uses BA I would say he would need to be downgraded pretty significantly.

If it's OBP I'd probably rank them 

Carlos Gomez

George Springer

Buster Posey

Michael Brantley

Adrian Beltre

Victor Martinez

Adam Wainwright

Bryce Harper

Jordan Zimmerman

Jon Lester

Tyson Ross (I'm totally buying him as a stud)

Starlin Marte

Albert Pujols

Adrian Gonzalez

Jose Reyes

Sonny Gray

Jeff Smarzdjajkds;fjaadjaeru

Julio Tehran

Matt Kemp

James Shields

Carlos Gonzalez (Injuries just terrify me with him)

Gerrett Cole

Ian Kinsler

Prince Fielder

Gio Gonzalez

If it's a BA League then I'd end up dropping Brantley down a few slots.  Springer goes down quite a few spots.  

Did this quick so I might not have things 100% how I would draft it.

I'm also crazy high on Kris Bryant so if he was out there I'd probably jump on him in the Brantley to Harper tier.  I also don't know your league mates so you could get him much lower I just know that I had to draft him early in my Keeper league where he wasn't kept.

Thanks guys. It is actually 6x6 with OPS, HR, R, RBI, SB, K and ERA, WHIP SV, HD, K, QS. Not too worried, just wanted some general thoughts for you all.

I think pitching feels deeper this year, or at least more potential value later, so I will probably actually hit bats hard and go value pitching later. Most people kept at least on pitcher so I think i can start the run as they all have their "aces".

I'm big on Brantley. This says it well and saves me from typing for 5 minutes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/wallet-2015--buying-in-on-michael-brantley--jose-altuve--jimmy-rollins--others-004648664.html

Especially believe in the batting average piece. Everyone gets hung up on the lack of power in baseball today but you can still find fairly cheap power (Carter, Laroche, Napoli, etc.). There's not really such a thing as cheap batting average (maybe Joe Mauer).

Thanks guys. It is actually 6x6 with OPS, HR, R, RBI, SB, K and ERA, WHIP SV, HD, K, QS. Not too worried, just wanted some general thoughts for you all.

I think pitching feels deeper this year, or at least more potential value later, so I will probably actually hit bats hard and go value pitching later. Most people kept at least on pitcher so I think i can start the run as they all have their "aces".

Yeah that league setup seems to make Springer fall further down the rankings.  Having hitter K's count against you means Springer is going to kill you in that catagory.

pitching is deep as shit. there are so many ridiculous young arms in the late rounds of standard mixed leagues -- hutchison, paxton, walker, pineda, mchugh, odorizzi, gausman, hahn... and i'd throw daniel norris, carlos rodon and noah syndergaard in there, too, as far as legit impact rookie arms are concerned. norris looked stupid good this spring.