MLB Discussion

If you're excited about a win against the Phillies in 2015 you might be a desperate fan

i'm excited about a dominant opening day victory. these don't happen often for us, regardless of opponent.

Dude gave up five hits on opening day, not too bad, just the fact that 4 of them were home runs was the problem. If you dont want Hamels because of one bad game, I've got some bad news for you regarding your new $20 million arm.

My first thought when I saw the article about Porcello :rolleyes: . His HR/9, BB/9, HR/FB, ERA, xFIP and BABIP were all below his career average last year. Even if you take 2014 as the trend rather than the anomaly he isn't worth $21 mill a year statistically.

Cole Hamels has at least twice the value of Porcello to a club long term.

Oh man, I remember the Lawrie hype train used to be as bad as it is for Bryant right now.

I've still got to deal with Brewers fans bitching and moaning about trading Lawrie for Shaun Marcum.  So annoying.  Yeah Marcum didn't help the Brewers get to a World Series which was apparently the expectation after trading for Grienke and Marcum, but damn Lawrie sure hasn't looked like stud.

I've still got to deal with Brewers fans bitching and moaning about trading Lawrie for Shaun Marcum.  So annoying.  Yeah Marcum didn't help the Brewers get to a World Series which was apparently the expectation after trading for Grienke and Marcum, but damn Lawrie sure hasn't looked like stud.

I dont know a single brewer fan who cares at all about lawrie anymore

Giants can't catch a break...Cain on DL, Belt left the game early last night and it didn't look good. I still think they have a shot at one of the Wild Card spots (San Diego seems like such a mish mash of talent, not sure how that will translate as a team) but they need to get healthy soon. 

I dunno, I think Cain being on the DL helps them more than it hurts. He has been going down hill for the last two seasons. I like the Giants but Id say they are much more a mish mash of talent than the Padres. I mean the Giants have Bum, Posey, Pence, and then nothing but filler/replacement talent. The Padres at least have an offense first OF, a good bullpen, and a good SP1. and SP2 if Cash can stay healthy.

Not going to argue with you, honestly the Giants were pretty quiet in free agency because they'll have a lot more money to spend next offseason and the fans around these parts are pretty ok with 3 wins in 5 years. But when healthy they do have a decent lineup of players who put the bat on the ball (Monday night Ioki, Panik and Pagan were spraying the ball all over the field) and a solid bullpen. 

Maybe it's the homer in me but I will be surprised if the Padres finish above the Giants this year.

Not going to argue with you, honestly the Giants were pretty quiet in free agency because they'll have a lot more money to spend next offseason and the fans around these parts are pretty ok with 3 wins in 5 years. But when healthy they do have a decent lineup of players who put the bat on the ball (Monday night Ioki, Panik and Pagan were spraying the ball all over the field) and a solid bullpen.

Maybe it's the homer in me but I will be surprised if the Padres finish above the Giants this year.

The Pads will finish second, behind the Dodgers and I have no horse in that race. Are the Padres a superpower right now? No. But like the Nationals, if you put enough good players on a team things will work out for you over 162 games more often than not. But I don't expect them to be serious WS contenders.

Giants have been the luckiest team in baseball to win 3/5. No one is going to remember that team in history as any kind of a dynasty or powerhouse.

3 of the worst title winning teams in baseball history.

If I was a Giants fan I sure wouldn't care. 3 titles is 3 titles. But for some reason God has smiled upon that franchise for those teams to win it all.