MLB Discussion

I don't get all this recent bandwagon talk in regards to the Rays.

1. They've sucked for a long time. Of course they don't have a lot of fans outside of South Western Florida. Winning often changes that.

2. Everyone loves a good underdog story -- people who are even remotely interested in baseball (outside of the other AL East teams) have been rooting for the Rays to do well all year. It's a cool story and an improbable run... what's not to like?!

3. There are two teams left in the playoffs, which means there are two possible teams to root for -- of course people who are into baseball are going to back one of them.

Guest baseball

First couple games have been good. Teams look pretty evenly matched.

Both offenses are underperforming so far, especially the Phillies. We'll see how they fare toward the back end of the rotations.

I still think this will be the Rays series to lose, their starting pitching depth is just plain better. I think that's what it will come down to. One thing I will say though is the Rays bullpen does look a little tired. If the Phillies can keep it close and hand it over the bullpens, that will give them an advantage.

1. They've sucked for a long time. Of course they don't have a lot of fans outside of South Florida. Winning often changes that.

2. Everyone loves a good underdog story -- people who are even remotely interested in baseball (outside of the other AL East teams) have been rooting for the Rays to do well all year. It's a cool story and an improbable run... what's not to like?!

3. There are two teams left in the playoffs, which means there are two possible teams to root for -- of course people who are into baseball are going to back one of them.

Tampa is NOT South Florida. That is almost offensive. But I'll let it slide.

Tampa is NOT South Florida. That is almost offensive. But I'll let it slide.

Hahaha, oops. I need to brush up on my Floridian geography. My bad!

it's in a weird place. it's not usually considered "central" florida, either. the short answer is that tampa and the surrounding area is it's own thing/place all together.

Guest baseball

Looks like Tampa Bay's bats have run out of steam after assaulting the Red Sox in the ALCS.

Series isn't over yet, but it's looking good for the Phillies with Hamels going at home.

1. They've sucked for a long time. Of course they don't have a lot of fans outside of South Western Florida. Winning often changes that.

an increased fanbase due to a team winning is okay. it's when people jump on a teams bandwagon in the post season that bugs me. especially when they wait until late in the ALCS/NLCS or until the world series that they actually become a fan of that team. those bandwagon fans will be a fan of a completely different team next year in the post season.

ps. philly will win the series either tonight or in game 6. there's no way tampa are going to make this go 7.

i was surprised they let the game go as long as they did. when bj upton scored the tying run it looked like he was playing on a slip n' slide.

they only let it go so long because the commissioner refused to let the Phillies win the game like that. He intentionally waited for the Rays to tie it up for them to call it, or it seems like it would have went 9 innings.

While I agree, it would be shitty to win a World Series like that. It's also bullshit to make the players keep playing in what would have already been a called game. And calling it in the middle of an inning is bullshit, when Phillies go back up to bat, Tampa Bay will be playing defense in good weather, which the Phillies were not in the previously played inning, where the game got tied.

And i'm not trying to complain, like I said, would be shitty if Philly won it that way.

they are talking possible snow on wednesday here. there doesn't seem to be anything definite about wednesday either.

i don't think the game should have been decided without going the full nine innings, but the phillies got hosed.

this world series has been some of the worst officiating i've seen in a while, for both teams.

they are talking possible snow on wednesday here. there doesn't seem to be anything definite about wednesday either.

i don't think the game should have been decided without going the full nine innings, but the phillies got hosed.

this world series has been some of the worst officiating i've seen in a while, for both teams.

yea, my bad. just not going to happen tonight. who knows when, baseball is craaazy. I'd love to see a baseball game in the snow.

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as curses, and this is coming from a Cubs fan.

This whole thing is totally screwy. I don't see why they couldn't just play it in the freezing cold in Philly this week. What's the difference? As long as the field is playable, they should finish this motherfucker.

What I want to know his how they determine who gets to go to the 1/2 game. Is your stub from last night still good?

I'd be pissed if I was a Tampa fan with a ticket to game 6 on Wednesday night and it got pushed back to a day I couldn't go or some shit.

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as curses, and this is coming from a Cubs fan.

This whole thing is totally screwy. I don't see why they couldn't just play it in the freezing cold in Philly this week. What's the difference? As long as the field is playable, they should finish this motherfucker.

What I want to know his how they determine who gets to go to the 1/2 game. Is your stub from last night still good?

I'd be pissed if I was a Tampa fan with a ticket to game 6 on Wednesday night and it got pushed back to a day I couldn't go or some shit.

A Game 5 ticket stub will get you into the game. It's still Game 5, after all.

And they couldn't play today because of rain/snow.