MLB Discussion

Ugueth Urbina is in jail right now in Venezuela for attempted murder. he is not banned from baseball. it's not the MLB's responsibility to take action against people who break federal laws, only people who break rules outlined and set by MLB.

Now you're missing the point. The MLB shouldn't have to say things that are illegal are illegal to the MLB. That's silly. I'm not saying that's the way it is, I understand its not. I'm just saying, because its not, the MLB is rife with hypocrisy.

the vegas odds got released.. the over/under for the yanks was the highest at 97.5, and the lowest was for the pirates.. i think theres was somehting like 67-ish

the only 3 teams picked to win over 90 are NY, BOS, and CHI.. with the Rays coming in at like 89

i'd take the yankees at under 97 wins this year

i'd take the pirates at over 67 wins this year. they'll break 70 at least. i got a feelin' that they are gunna be semi-decent this year.

The A's have had a decent off-season.

Yea I think the A's will be the team competing with the Angels in the West this year

Definitely, especially after the Cabrera, Holliday and Giambi signings which adds defense and power hitting respectively. Although both Cabrera and Giambi have ailing AVGs. the past few seasons, Giambi and Holliday can knock the ball out of the park. I'm not too worried about them signing Garciappara, but those power bats are sure going to look good with the power of Cust. It's going to make for an interesting AL West contention.

I'd like to start that I've been an a's faithful for years.

I think it's funny that over this off season one of (I think it's the youngest) the youngest teams in baseball has become something that resembles an ailing retiremnet village with the addition of giambi, nomar and cabrera (not sure how old he is) but it's seems like we picked up a lot of people with injuries and added them to an already injury prone team.(Chavez, deukshere sp?, buck, ellis <-- my homeboy, and crappy crosby (even though he's not a factor now))

That being said.... I think they will all pan out fairly well and this year is going to be a blast!

Also not having to worry about texiera, krod, and garland (who owns the a's everytime) is a big help in them taking the division. Only thing I'm scared about are those darned mariners (jk)

Dodgers look pretty good, and its a weak NL west, i dont see anyone giving them much of a challenge for the division

Angels will win the AL west again. I think the A's will make it much closer than last year tho.

My main hope for this year is that the Yankees dont even make the playoffs after spending all that cash in the off season.

Goddamn, I hate that team.