MLB Discussion

Not making judgements 3 games into the season, but the way the sox lost last in extra's was bad, esp with our "lights out" closer giving up a jack. Again, its only 3 games, and theres 158 more to go. Rays/O's was pretty rad I saw the highlights. Lackey I thought looked good last nite (sorry Travis). Excited for Sox/Rays and Sox/Rangers, looks as if I will have a busy week.

Not making judgements 3 games into the season, but the way the sox lost last in extra's was bad, esp with our "lights out" closer giving up a jack. Again, its only 3 games, and theres 158 more to go. Rays/O's was pretty rad I saw the highlights. Lackey I thought looked good last nite (sorry Travis). Excited for Sox/Rays and Sox/Rangers, looks as if I will have a busy week.

haha Well Lackey's really good. I dont expect that to change. I just dont like the guy at all anymore.

Stoked on Angels pen so far, not stoked on their starters. Weaver pitched amazing but Saunders and Ervin didnt look too good. Excited to see Pinero in his Angels debut tho.

Angels already have 2 series with the Yanks this month, excited for those. Should be fun.

going on the 21st of april and the 20th of may for brew crew games! just got my molitor jersey in the mail yesterday, so stoked!!

[image]

Thats a sweet jersey. You plan on wearing that or hanging that on a wall? I ask cause I got an old school home jersey of Mike Schmidt and am debating about wearing it or framing it as it looks so good but he is my fave philly and second fave player behind Clemente.

going on the 21st of april and the 20th of may for brew crew games! just got my molitor jersey in the mail yesterday, so stoked!!

[image]

Thats a sweet jersey. You plan on wearing that or hanging that on a wall? I ask cause I got an old school home jersey of Mike Schmidt and am debating about wearing it or framing it as it looks so good but he is my fave philly and second fave player behind Clemente.

probably only wear it to games. if i frame a molitor jersey it'll be the white/bluestripe one from the 82 season, the only year they went to the world series.

Here's a scouting report for you:

KC is bad, their payroll is less than half that of the Boston Red Sox, and the bulk of that payroll is being spent poorly on Jose Guillen, David DeJesus and Gil Meche. The Red Sox, meanwhile, have a lineup and pitching staff built to compete with the Yankees, which is therefore also built to compete with an all-star team. Anything less than a 3 game sweep of the Royals, given the disparity in payroll and talent, is a complete and utter failure.

That said, Greinke is good and hey, maybe the Red Sox have a bad game or two or three. That's the beauty of baseball. The good news for the Royals is that no matter how much money you spend and no matter how much better your team is, you can't win all 162 games. You can, however, win most of them, which is bad news for the Royals in the long run.

Let me just say that I hate Frankie Francisco. Rangers could be 4-1 if it weren't for his 2 blown saves. I don't know why Washington puts so much stock in him.

I cant even make this up, I saw this on wikipedia re: Frank Francisco:

"On April 8, 2010, Frankie was called upon to save a 1-0 lead against the Toronto Blue Jays. He proceeded to poop his pants on the mound in the process of giving up three runs on four hits. In doing so, he subsequently took a steamy dump on the afternoons of thousands of Rangers fans. Rangers skipper Ron Washington could only look on in complete anguish.[6]

Another pooping incident occurred on the afternoon of April 10th, 2010. With a 3-0 lead in the 9th, Frankie let 4 runs come across home plate. The smell of the poop lingered across the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Rangers skipper was again questioned. His response was "We're going to need more diapers." OR MAYBE LET FELIZ PITCH THE NINTH AND USE O'DAY AS THE SETUP MAN IN THE 8th?"

Let me just say that I hate Frankie Francisco. Rangers could be 4-1 if it weren't for his 2 blown saves. I don't know why Washington puts so much stock in him.

"On April 8, 2010, Frankie was called upon to save a 1-0 lead against the Toronto Blue Jays. He proceeded to poop his pants on the mound in the process of giving up three runs on four hits. In doing so, he subsequently took a steamy dump on the afternoons of thousands of Rangers fans. Rangers skipper Ron Washington could only look on in complete anguish.[6]

Another pooping incident occurred on the afternoon of April 10th, 2010. With a 3-0 lead in the 9th, Frankie let 4 runs come across home plate. The smell of the poop lingered across the entire Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. Rangers skipper was again questioned. His response was "We're going to need more diapers." OR MAYBE LET FELIZ PITCH THE NINTH AND USE O'DAY AS THE SETUP MAN IN THE 8th?"

That gave me the lulz.

But for real, Feliz retired all 3 batters in the 8th in 9 pitches...why couldn't they bring him back in the 9th?!?!?!?!? That'll haunt me forever.

That gave me the lulz.

But for real, Feliz retired all 3 batters in the 8th in 9 pitches...why couldn't they bring him back in the 9th?!?!?!?!? That'll haunt me forever.

They didn't bring him back cuz he had to go to the bathroom obviously.

When I read that, I thought to myself "I thought Boston fans were crazy"...I don't think any Sox fans have taken to wikipedia like that, though here's to hoping they do..in other news..I am glad the bullpen didn't blow it against the Royals

That gave me the lulz.

When I read that, I thought to myself "I thought Boston fans were crazy"...I don't think any Sox fans have taken to wikipedia like that, though here's to hoping they do..in other news..I am glad the bullpen didn't blow it against the Royals

i was just so happy that pedroia hit that 2 run shot so they wouldn't have to bring papelbon in. i have never liked that dude.

i was just so happy that pedroia hit that 2 run shot so they wouldn't have to bring papelbon in. i have never liked that dude.

Aww. I can see where he can rub MANY people the wrong way for sure. I am glad they never made him a starter however, I don't think he has the make up for it.

Yo TRAVIS-how bout your new boy Matsui winning games and basically living large out west.

Aww. I can see where he can rub MANY people the wrong way for sure. I am glad they never made him a starter however, I don't think he has the make up for it.

Yo TRAVIS-how bout your new boy Matsui winning games and basically living large out west.

Yea Matsui is looking really good, glad they picked him up.

He's one of the only things looking good for them so far. They are frustrating to watch right now but Im trying not to get too bummed just yet. I think they will be fine this year, just gotta get their shit together. Especially with their starting pitching.