MLB Discussion

Well the Padres are in the NL West so they will play the AL West teams every year.

Then I believe every year they switch between playing the AL Central and AL East.

This year the West divisions played the other leagues West division and the other leagues East Division so next year the West divisions will play the other divisions West teams and the other divisions Central teams.

I think I just confused myself....

I have no idea what you just said but ok.

The NL Wild Card race is heating up!

NL west plays the AL west every year in interleague.

NL west also plays either the AL east or AL central in interleague. They just switch back and forth each year.

I was under the impression that the divisions alternate every year; geographical rivalries, however, are preserved regardless of that year's divisional draw (i.e., STL-KC, CHC-CHW, LAD-LAA, etc.).

FUCKING ANGELS! GODDAMIT!

I hate Fuentes, I wish they would make someone else the closer. Thats at least his 7th blown save this year.

The big thing that sucks is that he had a guy struk out on 2 different pitches and the game should have been over. One was a check swing where Nick Green went WAY past the plate (it wasnt even close) then w/ a full count he throw it right down the middle at the knees and they call it ball 4 and walks in a run. 2 completely bullshit calls and we needed that game big time. FUCK!

/rant

I hate Fuentes, I wish they would make someone else the closer. Thats at least his 7th blown save this year.

The big thing that sucks is that he had a guy struk out on 2 different pitches and the game should have been over. One was a check swing where Nick Green went WAY past the plate (it wasnt even close) then w/ a full count he throw it right down the middle at the knees and they call it ball 4 and walks in a run. 2 completely bullshit calls and we needed that game big time. FUCK!

/rant

those calls were pretty ridiculous. but when Gonsonlez hit that blooper into left, the left fielder totally gave up on it, would have stayed tied and gone into extra innings.

/rant

those calls were pretty ridiculous. but when Gonsonlez hit that blooper into left, the left fielder totally gave up on it, would have stayed tied and gone into extra innings.

He was just playing deep, I dont think he could have gotten to that ball. He isnt very fast. The game shouldnt have come down to that tho. Fuentes should be able to get 3 out in a game without having to rely on the umps to make the right call. I dunno if Im more pissed at Fuentes or the umps in this one.

Just saw the controversial ball 4 for the first time. Ouch.

Looked like it could've been a tad low, but you have to call that a strike when it's a 3-2 count in a 1-run game. That pitch was WAAAAAAAY too close to take.

when I saw the pitch I thought it looked a little low. then they showed it with the computer pitch zone, and it was 100% a strike. agreed, too low to take.

Angels can blame the umps and two bad calls but they left the base loaded twice, maybe three times, so they could have taken the game out the umps hands with ease.

yea, totally. they have a few chances to put the sox away and didnt. just sucks when they fought back and forth to lose the game in such a shitty way when Fuentes had Green struke out on 2 seperate pitches. there is no way you can call that ball 4 in that situation. eh oh well, at least Texas keeps losing too so we havent lost our lead in the West. Just a little worried that we're only beating bad teams lately so when we're only facing good teams come playoff time, it could be rough.

He was just playing deep, I dont think he could have gotten to that ball. He isnt very fast. The game shouldnt have come down to that tho. Fuentes should be able to get 3 out in a game without having to rely on the umps to make the right call. I dunno if Im more pissed at Fuentes or the umps in this one.

Boston sports radio was talking about this today, and confirmed what I thought. The dude was jogging, doesn't matter how deep you're playing, he pulled a Manny, gave up on it. If he hassled and dove, he might have made the catch to put it into extra innings. I know it doesn't matter, but was still surprised by it. I can't stand any baseball player that doesn't hustle.

Boston sports radio was talking about this today, and confirmed what I thought. The dude was jogging, doesn't matter how deep you're playing, he pulled a Manny, gave up on it. If he hassled and dove, he might have made the catch to put it into extra innings. I know it doesn't matter, but was still surprised by it. I can't stand any baseball player that doesn't hustle.

I have no problems with Rivera, not playing hard isnt a problem he has. He didnt look to be going all out to catch it but I dont know if he would have been able to catch that anyways. They showed it from a weird angle on TV last nite so it was kinda hard to tell.

when I saw it on TV the other night the exact thought that went through my mind on that play was "why isn't that dude hustling?!"... and then when the ball dropped in and he picked it up almost exactly where it dropped a second later I thought "dude totally didnt want to extend the game into extras, what a bitch".