MLB Discussion

Brandon Inge hit a home run, in 2 seperate games, for 2 different kids, in a children's hospital this season. 1 a cancer patient and the other had a heart transplant. Brett Gardner hit 1 homer this season for little girl with cancer. both after they were asked by the kids to hit a homer. how awesome and amazing is that.

[image]

i'm sorry, i didn't quite catch that... what'd you say?

but yeah, in all seriousness, the tigers have a great lineup. i'm shocked the division is as close as it is. they should have run away with it much more easily. i still think the twins have a run left in them and that things can get a lot more interesting before all is said and done. the white sox, however, are toast.

Tigers have a pretty sick line up. I think the last Angels/Tigers series they took 2 of 3 from us.

Saw a thing on Inge today about hitting those 2 HRs for those sick kids. Fucking amazing. What a great guy. He was talking about how after the first time he did it he broke down and basically started balling once he got back in the dugout.

Really hits home with me as I had a little brother who suffered a massive brain tumor twice. Some of the Angels players and Bobby Grich were visiting kids at the hospital my brother was in at the time and it totally lifted my brothers spirits, not to mention mine and my dads. My dad was a huge Grich fan, and he hung out and talked to my dad for a long time. It was great to see. Grich kept in contact with us and he works for the Angels still and after my brother got better from the first brain tumor Grich took us all to an Angel game as his personal guests and took my brother on the field during batting practice and introduced him to all the players and got autographs from everyone. So fucking cool, its great when guys like that do things for kids who are going thru a rough time. It really helps a lot.

not to mention the 10 AL pennants and the fact that we've never intentionally thrown a world series

that's how good the white sox are... we threw the series and STILL won 3 games.

you guys have been to the series and lost 6 times. you don't need to intentionally throw them.

;)

me too. one of my biggest pet peaves is when somebody goes "the white sox SUCK!" and have no other reason except for they're a fan of another team.

i've got no problem if you don't like my team or its players, and i've got no problem if we discuss it in a friendly matter. but people who hate just to hate aren't worth my time. that's really for any aspect of life, not just sports.

i love that everybody (for the most part) in this thread keeps things civil and that really good discussions go on in here.

i'm going to the 1:05 game tomorrow, i'm really excited to see if jeter beats gehrig's record which is very probable.

Girardi isn't sure which game of the doubleheader Jeter is going to play yet. for your sake i hope he plays the day game. he's obviously going to break it in the coming days. considering how close he is to the record Girardi might throw him in both games, and if he doesn't break the record in the day game he will play him in the night cap and take him out after he breaks the record.

I said arguably and Randy Johnson or Warren Spahn aren't even in the equation for best left-handed pitcher ever. Well maybe Spahn but, for me, not Johnson. He's similar to Nolan Ryan in regard to his longevity is remarkable but I just don't see him as the best ever.

Averaging almost a no-hitter per year over six years is pretty damn dominant.