AL West: Angels

Wildcard: Rays

AL ROTY: Desmond Jennings

AL CY Young: Zack Greinke

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera

NL ROTY: Jason Heyward

NL Cy Young: Roy Halladay

NL MVP: Albert Pujols

Jake Peavy winning the Cy Young moving to the AL from the NL, to one of the worst HR parks in baseball from the best? I would say there's absolutely no way in hell this happens. If so, good for him, even though he's a total hillbilly who likes Jason Mraz.

I'm done trying to make predictions. I just want every team to have a good time.

The quickest way to make baseball competitive again would be a hard salary cap. It really worked for hockey. The problem with baseball is that given what the salaries are now, and the fact that teams are still making plenty of money, the cap number would have to be so high that teams would still drastically under-spend. So I guess you'd have to also accompany it with a salary floor. On the other hand, you don't want to turn it into the NFL, where the players get RAPED by ownership.

The best way to run things would be a hard salary cap, like hockey, then allow revenue sharing with ALL players based on major league seniority or service time or something like that - so the best players would still make MORE - but you could put a ceiling on it - like how one player's salary can't be more than 20% of the NHL salary cap. They could still make their money that way, I guess. I dunno. Tough to get a cap now.

The only way they could even begin to implement a cap would be to give the teams a few years' notice. As much as I would love to see it happen, you can't expect the Yankees (nearly 200MM salary) to get back to 100MM within a year or two.

The biggest thing that bugs me about salaries right now is rookies (like Strasburg) who haven't done a thing yet, and are making millions because of greedy agents like Scott Boras. Before a hard salary cap can ever exist, the league needs to start by putting a limit on how much rookies can make (at least in their first 2 or 3 seasons). That would help the problem quite a bit. This is the same reason that NFL teams are trading down in the draft this year...to avoid having to pay record contracts for players who have not yet proven themselves worthy.

Jake Peavy winning the Cy Young moving to the AL from the NL, to one of the worst HR parks in baseball from the best? I would say there's absolutely no way in hell this happens. If so, good for him, even though he's a total hillbilly who likes Jason Mraz.

I'm done trying to make predictions. I just want every team to have a good time.

The quickest way to make baseball competitive again would be a hard salary cap. It really worked for hockey. The problem with baseball is that given what the salaries are now, and the fact that teams are still making plenty of money, the cap number would have to be so high that teams would still drastically under-spend. So I guess you'd have to also accompany it with a salary floor. On the other hand, you don't want to turn it into the NFL, where the players get RAPED by ownership.

The best way to run things would be a hard salary cap, like hockey, then allow revenue sharing with ALL players based on major league seniority or service time or something like that - so the best players would still make MORE - but you could put a ceiling on it - like how one player's salary can't be more than 20% of the NHL salary cap. They could still make their money that way, I guess. I dunno. Tough to get a cap now.

could just put one in regardless like the NHL did. remember how the isles were totally screwed with an overcap contract of Yashin?

holy shit.

and Cliff Lee was ejected for throwing at a batter's head. crazy day

I never understood stuff like this in ST. It was from an altercation that happened earlier in the game. I understand if it stems from an issue your team had from last season and didnt play you again, but go for the back. Throwing at someones head in ST because of an issue from a ST game is just moronic.

Spring training grudges are retarded. Half the time you're playing a team you won't play in a real game all year. Nobody is trying to hurt you in spring training. Guys are just playing hard to try to earn a spot on the team and show the coaches what they can do. Stop being a dumbfuck, take it like a man, and get your work in without worrying about that crap.

I get stuff like this a little more during the regular season, but I fail to see how hitting a guy helps anything. If you want to help your team, get the guy out. Let the league deal with the punishments and try to hurt them where it counts - in the standings. Same thing the NHL needs to do now.

head hunting is not part of the game. there's a way to go about intentionally hitting a batter, hit them basically anywhere below the shoulders and it shouldn't be a problem. i agree that is totally part of the game. its just when some pitchers get stupid and start throwing at people's heads when it becomes a problem.

beanball wars in spring training is just retarded tho.

everyone needs to stop whining about beanballs... the dodger pitching staff of the 50s', who arguably was the best of all time owed alot to the fact that opposing batters knew they'd put it in their fucking ear if they crowded the plate. Its part of the game, and it adds to the drama.

Then there was Don Drysdale in the 60s who be as happy to hit you as to give up a hit to you. Ahh baseball when it was dominated by men not whiny bastards in Kevlar armor.

head hunting is not part of the game. there's a way to go about intentionally hitting a batter, hit them basically anywhere below the shoulders and it shouldn't be a problem. i agree that is totally part of the game. its just when some pitchers get stupid and start throwing at people's heads when it becomes a problem.

beanball wars in spring training is just retarded tho.

It was. And frankly, Sammy Sosa-type antics when homeruns are hit are pretty ridiculous.

See, I don't understand why a guy pimping a home run is a big deal. You score a goal in the NHL you pump your fist, slam against the boards and hug your teammates in celebration. You make a routine tackle in the NFL and you strut your stuff like a peacock who just won the lottery. But you hit a 450 foot bomb off a guy and can't flip the bat or whatever? That's bullshit. Pitchers pump their arm and yell when they strike you out to end an inning or whatever, why the hell can't you do a little jump or fist pump or whatever when you go deep? I'll admit it's stupid, but what's the big deal?

Here's how you retaliate when a guy hits a home run and shows you up - you get the fucking guy out next time he's up. And the time after that. And the time after THAT. Throwing at a guy's head has no place in the game. The only time I find it acceptable to throw at a guy at all is, like mentioned above, when he is crowding the plate. You crowd the plate, you essentially shrink the strike zone or make pitchers hesitant to throw inside because if they hit you, you get a free base. So pitchers are well within their rights to throw at a guy in an attempt to back him off the plate. That actually makes sense in terms of the actual competitive sport of baseball. The thought of retaliation for hitting a guy on the other team when one of your guys gets hit is equally retarded unless it was completely intentional (and not in a competitive "get off the plate" type of way). Even then, still stupid.

So to sum it up, go ahead and celebrate your home run however you want. As long as you run the bases afterwards and don't moonwalk them or something, it's fine. As long as you don't point at the pitcher and taunt him or something, then I really don't see the problem. Sure, it's ridiculous, but I see no reason to bean a guy for it.

I got no issue with beanballs at all, it just makes no sense in Spring Training against a team you dont have an issue with. I think there should be a rule about how much padding you can use at the plate, because what Bonds wore made sure he was not afraid to crowd the plate as it didnt hurt him to get hit in the arm. Pitchers need to get the inside plate back, but wont happen as it creates more offense which means more fans will come in the eyes of Bud.