MLB Discussion

Sorry Travis. Maybe tomorrow nite is the Angels night. One wonders if getting the crap kicked out of the Sox in Baltimore they just uncorked. Either way, Angels/Sox in the playoffs.

That was embarrassing. Saunders fucking blows so hard. He had 1 good game as has gotten shelled in every other start.

Its seriously time for the Angels to make a big move for some front line pitching. I know its still early in the season but they have needed some front line pitching for years. Weaver has been great and every other starter is fucking awful this year.

The Angels hoard all these prospects for so damn long and wont trade any of them and then miss out on trades for players that are already proven in the bigs cause they dont want to let their prized prospect go. Then in 2 years no one will even give a shit about that prospect and they are left with nothing. I really wish they wouldnt have extended Tony Reagin's contract.

/frustrated rant

Sorry Travis. Maybe tomorrow nite is the Angels night. One wonders if getting the crap kicked out of the Sox in Baltimore they just uncorked. Either way, Angels/Sox in the playoffs.

That was embarrassing. Saunders fucking blows so hard. He had 1 good game as has gotten shelled in every other start.

Its seriously time for the Angels to make a big move for some front line pitching. I know its still early in the season but they have needed some front line pitching for years. Weaver has been great and every other starter is fucking awful this year.

The Angels hoard all these prospects for so damn long and wont trade any of them and then miss out on trades for players that are already proven in the bigs cause they dont want to let their prized prospect go. Then in 2 years no one will even give a shit about that prospect and they are left with nothing. I really wish they wouldnt have extended Tony Reagin's contract.

/frustrated rant

Good rant for sure though, there have been a lot of people the Sox have held on to forever. Craig Hansen was one, though the finally got him out of town, but I never saw the draw in him. They have kept Clay Buchholz too long, regardless of his no hitter or not., he could be used in a chip somewhere i always thought, there was this other guy a few years ago cla meredith, who was on the Padres last check, that the sox also kept around..its what teams do, and it gets irritating when there is a NEED for a team, and can be filled with a prospect who may or may not ever get it done or live up to the hype.

I agree that the angels have held on to some of their prospects for too long i.e. Dallas McPherson, Brandon Wood, Bobby Jenks but at the same time, if he purges his system every time he needs something the team could end up like the White Sox or the Yankees from a few years ago. There has to be a balance. And they absolutely need more pitching but who's available?

I agree that the angels have held on to some of their prospects for too long i.e. Dallas McPherson, Brandon Wood, Bobby Jenks but at the same time, if he purges his system every time he needs something the team could end up like the White Sox or the Yankees from a few years ago. There has to be a balance. And they absolutely need more pitching but who's available?

Yea I totally agree. Im not talking about clearing out everyone for 1 guy or anything but if a situation comes up where you can get something you REALLY need for a couple prospects you need to take that chance sometimes.

The thing that really pissed me off was that there were a lot of great pitchers to be had this past offseason and they go for Pinero. I dunno they need to make a move sometime this year before its too late.

Wood is actually starting to come around lately. Had a few multi-hit games recently and has played decent 3B. Not ready to give up on him just yet.

/frustrated rant

Good rant for sure though, there have been a lot of people the Sox have held on to forever. Craig Hansen was one, though the finally got him out of town, but I never saw the draw in him. They have kept Clay Buchholz too long, regardless of his no hitter or not., he could be used in a chip somewhere i always thought, there was this other guy a few years ago cla meredith, who was on the Padres last check, that the sox also kept around..its what teams do, and it gets irritating when there is a NEED for a team, and can be filled with a prospect who may or may not ever get it done or live up to the hype.

craig hansen has a degenerative nerve disorder with his pitching shoulder that could be career ending. could be a lot of his problems he's had over the years.

Yo Trav, was at the game last nite. I havent heard anything but figured you would have your hear to the street. Kaz get hurt last nite? There was one instance where he threw a fast ball out side, called up Napoli, and in my opinion, didn't look the same as he had through the beginning of the game. If the Angels play here again and your in town, get at me well hit up Fenway.

Yo Trav, was at the game last nite. I havent heard anything but figured you would have your hear to the street. Kaz get hurt last nite? There was one instance where he threw a fast ball out side, called up Napoli, and in my opinion, didn't look the same as he had through the beginning of the game. If the Angels play here again and your in town, get at me well hit up Fenway.

Oh man, I dont even know what to say about the Angels. This is the most pathetic Ive seen them in about 10 years. Its hard to even watch the games lately. They cant do a single thing right. At least the rest of our division sucks too. I dunno whats up with Kaz, he started out ok. I didnt see a lot of the game tho, I was at work for most of it.

I think its safe to say baseball in So Cal blows right now.

uhh...Padres?

Its not going to last and even if it does, 2 out of 3 teams absolutely suck. Even if one team is good it doesn't make up for the other two. That and I forgot the Padres even existed when I wrote that, honestly. Add to that the Padres can't compete with a single good team in the AL and there you go.

uhh...Padres?

Its not going to last and even if it does, 2 out of 3 teams absolutely suck. Even if one team is good it doesn't make up for the other two. That and I forgot the Padres even existed when I wrote that, honestly. Add to that the Padres can't compete with a single good team in the AL and there you go.

While I do agree that they aren't as good as the top AL teams, that would assume they made it to the world series. Having said that, I think that they can last for a while. They have the third best pitching staff in baseball, they are a very good defensive team and their offense has been hot.